No announcement yet.

Xtra hight THC strains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfing Nirvana they dont have anything that has these claims that seedsman makes

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking at the same Rwise

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used many test companies. Their numbers are all over the place. I can tell you the one we stick with but I have no true facts that they are better. But unlike some of them at least the total numbers only equal 100%. I've seen some that when the total is added it is way over 100%

I do believe however, we as growers would enjoy knowing that we’ve achieved a good full product. We read that government weed is 3%. Average is 10% and strong weed is considered 20% or more. I think I’d be happy to know that by tending to the 4 month process in every thing we need to do with lighting, feeding, pruning, and all the other stuff...hey, you’ve got 23%..

.who me? Hooray!. That’s the value of testing for me. it would be cool to know

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Right there with Farmall i'm looking at my plants and i'm so pleased with these last two how well they turned out. I have not even harvested yet but just looking at them covered in resin I know it beats the hell out of most.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely! It is cool to know. It's also fair if you have your buds evaluated the old fashioned way-some old stoner friends tasting a big fat bowl and seeing what happens.

There's an obvious difference between "Oh that's nice, fruity flavors, etc etc" vs. "Uhhh..damn.... and uhh,,,,, but, uggghhhhh, so anyway. Do you wanna trade a few ounces?"

I'm not "selling" this, just adding to the thoughts here. https://bigsurscientific.com/ is obviously in California. When the owner was here on a sales tour he tested my bag weed. One topped at 24% which shocked me since the one that tested at about 15% had a bigger and longer lasting effect. The machine he had with him was the 2000 (the 3k wasn't invented yet). Really quite a nice gadget but the asking price was way beyond my interests. Funny, I've known the owner/inventor all his life and no family discount! Double funny, he has the PHD and the business and doesn't partake. Me? Well look where I'm posting!!!
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      There was a company at the cannabis show that had developed a small briefcase sized testing machine. As you mentioned, very expensive to buy, but the company had plans on providing rental service of their equipment. I don’t remember the full details for rental cost, but I do remember thinking it was way too expensive for an average home grower to rent. Now, somebody with hundreds of plants would get good use for the cost, just not a dude like me with a 4x4 tent. 🤣

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Rich boy toys, I cant afford these either,,,,

"Mint Green" 30.3%, (from local dispensary) I never heard of it (whats new), are they just making up names so we cant find it?

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      It doesn't google either, not for MJ anyway

Marketing is doing well in this industry, just go to the grow shop and look at the shelves!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      "Zombie Death Fuck": that's a good name for one's firstborn child...

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have sweet zombie. I liked the parent strains. Any relation to ZDF?
      Discover here, Sweet Zombie's cannabis seeds. With unique appearance, high yields, and intense effects, it's a must-try for cannabis enthusiasts.

What can all y'all tell me about Pacific seed bank, Willits Family Farm, Coastal Genetics, and Norcal Farms?
    I am looking at Star Killer 70/30 (~29%), Afgoo 80/20 (28%), Amhurst Diesel 20/80 (26%), and an old school Panama Red 0/100 (~).
    Is there any of those that would throw a red flag?

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the write ups are more realistic than seedsman.

My research into ZDF indicates it was a happy accident. It obviously hasn't been too popular but I saw the name on Seedsman and wanted to check it out. Blimburn claims 23% THC:

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info...im_Burn_Seeds/
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      At only 23% my thought would be it does not live up to its name, and some want touch it because of the name,,,

I have put out feelers for these Xtra high THC clones in the local shops, fingers crossed,,,
    I may also drop the hammer on seed from the left coast, bit higher than I have paid previously, I do want to start with good stable genetics
    And when Paul (new420guy) gets seed in there are a couple I want to try,,,

Comment

Leave me alone and dont keep me occupied,, how about 37.28%
      Future (#1) will be available on April 20 at a few select Oregon dispensaries
      7 Points Oregon’s Future (#1) broke lab records for THC content. But strength’s not the only thing that matters.

SoOrbudgal you might find this one,, if you want it LOL

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool article. But its true, even some of mine that were less sticky, but more stinky, got me more stoned. If that's an indicator of THC vs Terpenes, then I'm a believer.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal if you get hold of some lets us know how it is! And if you get seed I'll be jealous!

DingusKhan With the latest cannabinoid find, THCP (30 times stronger than THC) it might make since that a higher THC strain may be lower in THCP (~0.05%), and the lower THC may be higher in THCP (~0.1%), so much to learn!

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        In chemistry they use the term interaction. I believe there is an interaction of chemicals that provide the entire profile. THC content is one benchmark, but does not tell the full story.

The ones that have tested high and are cup winners like GG4, Original OG, Grandaddy Purple and Alaskan Thuderfuck can range from 20 to 35% supposedly. To date the strongest I've felt are Original Glue from Nirvana (gg4) and Baked Alaska from High Altitude seeds( related to Alaskan thunderfuck.) I may have already said this, I cant remember. I'm trying Granddaddy Purple this grow. But you will know that you are fucked up for sure with Baked Alaska.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Rwise going to get some tested for free on the 18th except I only have 2 strains worth checking.
        A fellow with a large briefcase sized testing kit is doing a limited number of free tests at our local grow shop. If he has any suggestions for you I will pass them along.
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-09-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, I would luv to have some tested and for free! 9 days and counting LOL

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Briefcase size testing kit you say? Might be the same guy from the cannabis expo that was planning on running a business model renting out his testing equipment.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          C'mon Amazon! Get us a cheep chinese gas chromatograph so's we can test our weeds at home!

In doing research on seeds/strains the more I read the more disappointed I become with the current breeding many seem to be doing. Actually, I would compare most of the seed I have read about so far to bag seed, random accidental crosses, now sell the seed! (I can do this at home a lot cheaper!) For me, this is not good genetics, I may have to get landraces and try bringing back my Tulsa Tops strain!

Edit; I have to ask this also, the xtra high strains I have seen here so far, some have not been pleasant to smoke. One of them actually made the lungs hurt (I dont want that), so have you torched any that was a pleasure to smoke, or is this the norm?
        Last edited by Rwise; 01-11-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Original Glue from Nirvana which is based on GG4 is a great strain if you like the pine flavor.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          That is one I want to try, I do like the old school flavors of pine and skunk!
          edit then take it and cross it with BB3, I have seen/read that cross as well, could be interesting.
          Last edited by Rwise; 01-11-2020, 08:17 AM.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          In my opinion it's all about the entourage. High THC can have a nice one but I typically find the most enjoyable smokes for me are in the low 20s. The one for sure exception has been Jet Fuel from Colorado's THCU in Trinidad back in 2017 tested at 32.7 and it was amazing. It had it all man, high potency, smooth smoking, great flavor and wonderful mood lifting qualities. It was perfect for staying upbeat when having a shitty job.

Ok, so what's wrong with the inexpensive THC testers you can buy? I see various kits being promoted online; they aren't really any good?
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup you'll have to tell us how it works! I have the thought many strains will go that high,

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          MyDx machine is about $650. Mixed reviews online but I think the tech is cool.
          The tChek device and software has also gotten leaps and bounds better from the last 3 yrs. I think it’s about $400 but there are web coupons out there for 25% off.

I’m contemplating buying one to see how well they work. I obviously don’t have that much to test that I really need a device like that, but I could partner with a local hydro shop for doing onsite testing for growers (every 2nd Saturday type of thing). Local growers could come in with a small sample of their stuff and get a relatively close idea of what their effort has produced. Test can take 3-10 minutes and be done while the grower browses the shop. 😉

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          The TCheck is strictly for oils and tinctures, not for bud. I'd like one that tests bud.

Bubble hash is not much more than the trichs beaten off the flower. It’s almost 99% thc and I hate the high from it. Sure it hits you right between the eyes quickly, but I find it fades away really soon after that. No long body stone. No nothing other than a quick brain trip. Same with the oils and capsules my licensed providers sell.

The entourage effect is way too important to me than just straight thc.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I am really surprised that this conversation hasn't been moved in the direction of Cannabinoid combinations.

The story I remember most is of the underground breeding that has been done to cannabis from the 70's to earily 2000's when most cannabis wasn't test and THC was thought of exclusively and the only concern, breeding of non-psychoactive effects and it's traits were considered useless with a focus mainly on elevating THC level as we are discussing here. It is by luck if you can find some old school genetics and kind of funny that it is a prize for breeders not to mention how 1:1's and strains like Charlottes web are coveted.
          At one point it was found (or revisit) other cannabinoids in combination have better results on a individual then elevated levels of THC alone, point being that a 33% Thc strain may not be the golden ticket for everyone but a 23% THC 3% CBD may be the best match to your personal Endocannabinoid system and what makes it happy. Would it be something to get a test, like a allergy test but tells you the best cannabinoid combination for the best mellow, now that I would do.
          When I first started looking at BHO, wax, oil and then desolate I was a little intimidated with % of THC, 38%, 74%, and even 96% had me nervous but I tried it anyhow, lol. It was a completely different high the first time, real got ahold of me but after that it was a good high till I ran out then back to my flower and I was reminded of how good it was, really got a hold of me again and I wondered if it was better for me personally then random legal concentrates.

Guess I am just curious if a higher and higher THC level is the most important part of the buzz. Iv been more focused on the perfect combination and have a couple kick butt strains with the access to testing legally in my state. I have been interested to know what combination I've pick out solely by the effects it has on me when I use it, what levels of other cannabinoids in combination with % are. This is in the cards for me this year.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Toker1 FunkyButtLovin
            I dislike how the treads get lost in the threads, yep! There is a lot more to do with a cannabinoid profile then THC alone.
            LurkingInTheGrass right!

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Well the next CBD is going to be the CBG. It can convert to thc or cbd.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr.furley I have understood for quite a while now that it's the SYNERGY that's crucial--not simply the THC. That's why, I assumed, some Sativa strains with a mere 16-18% THC were such powerhouses.

And I had the same kind of experience with concentrates: at first it was novel and powerful, but I wasn't about to give up all my vaping bud rituals for it. You can't beat the Original Ganja.

I think all y'all have convinced me to do things the way I did many moons ago. That is collect landraces and breed my own, we never did THC testing it was illegal, if we liked it (or something about it) we used it to breed. If we did not like it, well we smoked it up used the seed on mouse traps, and bought more.
          I have to agree there is more than THC/CBD alone, such as the newly found THCP and its claim to be 30 times stronger than THC,, what are they going to find next month? And all those terpenes,,,
          I will buy a high THC strain to try from time to time (or gain a clone from another grower), but I am not going to sell the farm to buy the seed (some are just to high priced). I need the high THC for spinal pain, coffee is done. time to break out the BB3 and medicate. The BB3 produced very nicely, I like the high and pain killing, for me the flavor could be better. Same with the rusty glue, night time with lots of amber.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            BTW if I take Santa Marta Colombian Gold and cross it with Panama Red, can I call the offspring Red Cat Piss? Or is that name taken???

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            If the name is taken how about Bloody Cat Pee?

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            Some quick googling didn’t find anything for red cat piss that’s related to marijuana. I think you’re clear to name it that.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X