• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea JDU hope you like that light
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Budgal. I do. I really do!!! Soooooo much better'n T5s

All spread out & turned up!! This is the 1st n last time I do this style manifold- (1st manifold at all actually) Big Red was a lot taller than the others & I had to lay her way down to get them all pretty level. She is now 2ft square. Side to side, end to end & corner to corner. 2ft. I couldn't have fit 4 of them under the light.

Comment

So far they are lovin their new light & fresh soil... growin like they mean it..... But Greenie back there in the corner looks to have a nute problem. She's in the same dirt, gettin the same ph water & light as the others.... Growth don't seem stunted & she ain't drinkin any more or less.... she just don't look right. What do y'all think is goin on?

Comment

Well I thought they had another 6-8 inches to grow before 12s but it turns out the lights might burn them at the manufacturer's recommended height of12-18in. So should I flip them sooner for this 1st run while I play with them & learn the sweet spot? & if the tops are only 6in tall now does that mean I'll be lucky to get branches taller than a foot on which to form buds? ☹

Comment

Ok well then I'm gonna go with my gut & flip the switch tonight unless I get reasonable feedback to the contrary. & I would really appreciate some input on why Greenie in the corner can be showin signs of nute deficiency grown in the same soil as the others?

Comment

How about a frontal photo of your tent opened up so we can see the whole interior from floor to ceiling? How tall are your pots and how tall are the tallest tops from soil? I think you have a lot more room than you think you do but it's hard to judge by the angle of the pics. Our tents are the same height I believe. If you want to for comparison, I wall take pics and measurements of my pots/plants/lights/etc. and post them here in 1 hour when the light comes on to give you a better idea of how much vertical space you really have to work with. My plants are on risers, my light/reflector is 16" tall and about 18" above the plants, I'm 2 weeks into flowering and I still have a lot of height left.

Comment

They are in 7gal shorts 9in tall. The mark on the pole is 18in above that. Tent is almost 7ft & takin hangers into consideration the lights Max height will be 4in less.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like you have a lot of room between the lights and the ceiling, you're probably going to want the lights closer for flowering and your plants probably aren't going to stretch much. I think you could probably grow up a foot or more before flipping.

After checking out your strain at AMS it appears that it's a short, bushy plant so I doubt you're going to see a lot of stretch anyway.

Here's mine as it sits right now. 10" to top of pot, 33" to tallest top of front center plant (5" stretch in 16 days), 44" to bottom of reflector (12" above, not 18" sorry), 60" to top of reflector. I have 12" of vertical adjustment left before I have to remove the ratchet to gain another 5" if necessary. I also have between 1-8.5" of additional adjustment of each plant by lowering them. These plants were all vegged between 10 and 14 weeks and I could have let them go straight up for another week or so without worry that I would run out of room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200130_201149.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	371425
              Attached Files

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh good & thanks. I thought they all stretch twice their height. The light curled the leaves at 18" when they were new. I'm lowering it slowly as they get used to it it's at 20" now & hope it will be ok at 12 for flowering.

JDU you can do this, also consider super crop or bamboo to further spread out colas in the future. My 1/2 sense LOL

indoor/outdoor grower
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Budgal.
                I did super crop as I tied them down 👍 Can I do it again during flower if they do get too tall?

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, I would be doing it now in my tent to flatten everything out but I literally don't have the room, if I lay a branch over, it will be covering other buds.

Alrighty! We been on 12s for a week now & they've stretched very nicely average an inch a day. 2 heads are closer to 10in. The soil was wrong so I took them out & flood flushed them with the hose & I'm now using bottled nutes. 2nd grow is definitely improved over the 1st thanks to y'all.
              So 2 days before the flip I defoliated- (lol there were at least 20 perfect cuttings to clone but I'm proud of myself.... I chopped them up.) The gwe article says to do it again in 3 wks but I can see another jar full of trim that could & maybe should be done now... is it a good idea to defoliate that often?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                JDU those leaf will just keep on coming until 3-4 wk of flowering. Don't do a big defoil again wait 3wks. I been sitting on my hands cause I gotta flip this mango, GSC, OG kush they are so big i'm going to need to super crop heavy looks like should be a wild ride. 3 4month plus veg. is the longest I've done in a tent LOL

Hey bruh, nice write up. I just found it. She's beautiful!

I would take it easy with the defoliation as you go. It's very easy to get in a zone, and overdo it. And you can't put them back.

​​​​​​I try to limit myself to one big leaf down low, and then a leaf up higher that is blocking upper buds, per branch. Then stop for now.
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Thanks guys 🤠

Comment

Have you picked a favorite of the colors? Red, Green or Yellow? I read through this post, but I lost track which one was the best grower after Green seemed to be having a nutrient problem in the back corner.

I kept the smallest of the cuttings, gave Budgal the big yogurt cup, and have so far managed to keep one each of the others alive.
                  Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well Greenie did get a rough start but is showing the tightest budsite grouping, Big Red is still growing like she's on steroids but Ole Yeller isn't far behind & she's sporting some timber that could support a 1/4lb cola..... But yeah- I think I'm gonna make the small Yellow my mother & breed Red to the big yellow & all the Dutch Dope for feminized seeds. The 2 DID come from the same original Skunk #1 strain so they should click.

• DingusKhan
                    DingusKhan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Of the cuttings you gave me, yellow is the tallest, green is the densest and darkest, and red looks like its getting burnt and deficient at the same time. But I haven't transplanted them yet.

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's exactly what my largest clones off them are doin too.

8 days in.
                  So I've read that you start the count after the 2wk stretch & when they start flowering.
                  ........ This looks like flowering to me..... should I defoliate & start the count now or wait another 1-2 wks?

Comment

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is the OG. I know she's not very big but I'm so cramped for space & off schedule for the nxt run plus I had room in the flower tent & don't need much Indica so she got the nod. 👍

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There are sooo many shaded bud sites though.

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What I read on this site is to defoliate at 21 days after flipping. And how I am doing my current batch.

JDU I just put the Big Bud into the tent with the big ladies got the autos flushing in there also. Got big bud from Dingus I topped her, transplanted she is the size of your OG and she's going to get flipped 12/12 fill the space in the tent so 4 photos flip in a week. Sorry don't know what happened in the photo sending program no pics

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh good I'm not the only one overcrowded & making executive decisions. I keep forgetting I have those Big Bud seeds lol. The one I sent down there sure looks tasty!!! I'm glad you got some. 😎 Hopefully I'll run them this Fall, I gotta get some Sativa goin or I'm gonna be back at the dispensary.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X