Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next batch in

Thai x Skunk from AMS.
    I need to tie them back down & the front one took a little shock from the transplant but I'm thinkin they look about ready to explode in those 7gal shorts & fresh soil. It tested uniformly at 6.5ph.
    I have the tops of each cloned & from the best producing mother I will trim a clone mother... if that makes sense
    Attached Files

They look like they are ready to take right off. 8 like the structure. That's how I like to train mine.
    ​​​​​

Comment

Looking really good JDU you got a talent with the manifold.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Well thank you both very kindly but I think it's the camera angle or something makin me look good lol. Once I git em tied down you'll see that while I think I have the spacing down I just can't get them to grow at the same rate & some of the colas are way stronger & growin faster than the rest.

Comment

Tied down & ready to grow 🚜
          Can you guess which one I did first & last? lol

Comment

I swear they grew double in a week!!
            So how far apart do the colas need to be?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Lets approach that one when you get some colas LOL

Yeah- I didnt know what to call the spires that will form the colas. How far apart do I need to pull/LST the branches?

Comment

Looks really nice to me I think that the ends of the limbs are now tops. Good growing !!
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
                Eliot Pryor commented
                Editing a comment
                I think if you take them off the plant uses the energy into the tops.

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                .... An energy boost/growth spurt that might be better served as flowering starts?

• Eliot Pryor
                Eliot Pryor commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it makes the colas bigger by taking off starts that are going to be branches.

One of my read and reread articles.

Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                That still didn't directly answer my question but the line 'the grower consistantly manipulates & ties down the limbs to maintain level' kind of suggests that it don't really matter where they start- they're gonna be moving as I need them to move???

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes moved and sometimes culled (branches growing out from the underside of a stem)

when I am manifolding (training in general) i am picking the branches that I want to grow, and trimming the rest. Manifolding, is a lot of manipulation (juggling the tops), trying to keep the 'should be main tops' lower than the other tips

You want a plant manipulation rabbithole, see fluxing
                To "flux" cannabis means to build a grid-like manifold at the base of the plant. This creates many big colas and can help maximize yields from a grow light!

And of course Mr.furley has a thread
                Follow the stem, find the end. Click image for larger version Name: 20190412_213040.jpg Views: 1 Size: 1.02 MB ID: 304570 Fruit cake punch #B day 19 of flower flip.

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the reminder. I need to read that again- Mr Furley is a genius.

JDU If I understand your question properly, "Yes, you'll need to adjust as you grow. Some branches will grow more robustly than others." No different for cannabis than it is for the fruit trees I grow.
              2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
              2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
              2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
              2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice. Ok farming or nursery work- now that's a comparison I can relate to lol. Thanks everyone 👍 I guess this is kinda turning into a grow journal so I guess I'll let ya know how it's goin now n then. Thanks again everyone -for everything!!

I definitely think it should be a grow journal!

Comment

Got my new light ystrdy, doin the math & I don't think I did it right.... or did I?
                6.5ft tall tent with 10in tall pots, 4" for the light which needs to be 12-18" above the canopy...... leaves only 3ft for plants? & if they are gonna double when flipped to 12s I only get 1.5ft of veg to grow budsites???

Comment

10+4+18= 32 Your tent is 78" tall so after deducting 32" from 78" you're left with 46" or nearly 4 feet but yes you're still going to be limited to flipping at around 18" or so and even then you might get in trouble with some sativas if you don't stay on top of them and have a plan in case they get out of hand.

Comment

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well that seems short. Bummer

My tent is the same height. Here's what my tent looks like now with the plant front and center being just over 18" from soil to the tip of the tallest top. I already have the timer set, going to close it up tonight and it's 12/12 from now until harvest.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20200114_162554.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	366341

Comment

• Korn
                    Korn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Purdy.

• FunkyButtLovin
                    FunkyButtLovin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JDU I just chopped that White Widow last night, It ended up 26" tall for a total of 8" stretch. I ended up with a couple of feet of light height adjustment left.

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Amigo! Yeah, my stretch was far from dramatic too lol. Oh well I learned somethin.

So I'm gettin some curled leaves on one plant. It just started about the time I hung the new light but I have it 26in from the plants & my tent temp has gone way down....?? Any thoughts?

Comment

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nevermind.
                    I was in there monkeyin around & noticed they had grown quite a bit. I raised the light 7-8in..... back to 26in. I also wonder if switching from T5s to high power LED might be rough on em.

• FunkyButtLovin
                    FunkyButtLovin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is if they're 8" too close I reckon.

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha could be!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X