Hermie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermie

I had two plants go hermie on me, I found 4 sites with Male flowers, two had opened. What do I do, trash the plants? Is my whole grow ruined? I removed the male flowers very carefully, will they grow more? So many questions lol.

Unless you really don’t want to deal with seeds than yes trash the plants. Otherwise just remove the seeds before smoking buds. Keep a close eye on them and remove them as they pop up most likely they will continue to grow. Happened to me on my last grow but I didn’t catch it until it was too late all 4 of my ladies got full of seeds. The buds won’t get as fat as they would without seeds as well. The effect is still good. One of the four I have going now is growing straight male balls weird as fuck after 3 weeks in flower and a budlets, not nanners straight nuts.

Comment

I have 11 plants in the tent. Are they likely all contaminated, and does their chance of pollination increase if I manage to remove all male flowers before they open.

Comment

Just try to stay vigilant and make sure no more pop up and open so you can minimize the chances of any more pollen being released into the air but what's done is done and you're probably going to have a good amount of seeds on at least a couple of plants. There's no way to know if it was a tiny bit or sacloads of pollen that was released and your environment/ventilation will play a role in how the pollen is carried in the air. For instance if the pollen was released right near a powerful exhaust it may limit exposure versus being on the opposite side near the intake and pollen is just pulled through the whole canopy.

Comment

Thanks Cali, and funkybuttlovin. I found a few more when I finished inspecting the plants. A couple bananas and a couple of actual male flowers. I just removed the entire buds with ball sacks, they are 24 days into flower and the bad buds were all pretty small still. I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Fingers crossed for you StillHigh1982

Thanks budgal, I'm sure I have no light leaks or other environmental stresses so I'm gonna blame it on the bag seed. Today I started germinating 3 canuck cookies, 3 zskittles glue and 3 blueberry from true north seed bank. They are feminized photos. This was a valuable lesson, I need to be looking more closely at my buds. All the balls were hidden under sucker leaves. I only noticed the one because it was an open flower. Knowledge gained the hard way for my next batch.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear ya I never thought of a male autoflower but I had balls on one just pulled the other day. Yes we get 50-50 chance with reg. seeds they may cost less but I can't waste time with them at this point, our stash is way below what we need. I will grow out reg. seeds if I find them which I just did in dispensary weed I just purchased. Probley seeded by hemp cause this stuff I bought looked like it. At least it's a indica strain.

I'm ordering bleu cheese seeds online, I can't decide if I want auto or not though. I know the pros and cons of each. I'm just indecisive.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been told (X) that I am controlling, I prefer photo's!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X