Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction & background

Hi everyone! Hi NebulaHaze!

I'm new to this forum, but not new to growing or GWE. I am JoeBlow of GWE's google+ group which I think is gone now. My first grow was started 4/6/15. I am now on my 15th grow! I knew nothing before I found GWE. I learned almost everything I know about growing from GWE and have been using it all this time. I'm not a plant person. I'm a tech guy. I grow to support only my own needs and avoid costly street product and shady dealings.

I started growing with bag seed. All 3 of the first bag seeds I chose were female. After that I started buying fem seeds from Nirvana. I've never seen a male plant in person! After My first CFL grow, I custom made my own 12-light CFL fixture and used that for another 2 grows. Then I upgraded to a 400w mh/hps system. My light fixture is the fully enclosed type with intake/exhaust ports and glass covering the bottom. I have a 400w ballast that can be adjusted to 50%, 75%, 100% power. The brand of my lights, fixture & ballast is Apollo. I've had 11 successful grows with this setup so far.

I grow exclusively with soil. I always use foxfarm ocean forest and foxfarm soil nutrients. For the last 6 or 7 grows I've been growing only Nirvana's "Aurora Indica" feminized. I like this strain because it's potent and tastes delicious. I also know what to expect with the grow and end product since it's the same strain every time. I use 3 gallon smart pots. I place my pots on cooling racks sitting in cookie trays, so they never sit in excess water. I use Nebula's manifold method to split my plants into 8 colas before flowering. My lowest yield with 2 plants was 3.14oz and my highest was 6.35oz. My goal to stay self-sufficient is 4oz per cycle, about 4 months. Recently I have started growing 3 plants at a time to build a little surplus in case of unforeseen delays or problems.

I hope to see some old friends here and meet some new ones as well!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	007crop.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	850.8 KB
ID:	362245

Welcome back, beautiful picture.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Great way to start on any forum - welcome.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hello! Hello! Hello!
        2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
        2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
        2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
        2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

Good to meet ya JoeBlow I like soil too.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Welcome to the fourm JoeBlow glad you found us,
            Once I figure out how to Google+ they disbanded it and there was no point, plus I just liked this place from the get go.
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hey JoeBlow, welcome back..
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

Hi Joe Blow

I learned everything I know from GWE, too. And I'm still learning... The folks on here have been very helpful and Thanks again, Nebula and Fourside for all the hard work you do!
                Last edited by Sledrock; 01-04-2020, 01:00 AM.
                3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
                3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
                Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
                2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
                4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
                6" Oscilatting Fan
                GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
                "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Hi JoeBlow...welcome. I am on my second grow. I knew nothing about growing cannabis until just a few months ago. Everything I have learned so far has come from GWE and this forum. I like to read the new posts to see what others are experiencing, but I also use the search feature a lot!
                  Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                  Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                  Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Apollo 13 – the strain that gets praised by many. You were right that The strain is a cross between the Genius and P75. Grow it at home in medium light. I read that a standard 8-plant grow box can illuminate 2 bulbs. I often use this site https://askgrowers.com/strains/apollo-13-strain-review to view information about known strains. Apollo 13 has a bright flavoring feature. This is a slight chill at the end of each puff. xd
                    Last edited by lafnian1990; 07-16-2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      WTF? ^^^ is that talking about ?

• Jordann
                      Jordann commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can't decipher it either.

• JoeBlow
                      JoeBlow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got no clue what you're talking about, but hello anyway!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X