No announcement yet.

growers age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

66 here. Anyone else remember selling lids for $12-$15 late 60's early 70's? Or earlier than that $5 bags in small manila envelopes?

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I see you had the same shit I did,, LOL

• Thunderfirst
      Thunderfirst commented
      Editing a comment
      65 here as of 12-22-2019. Remember selling 3 finger 3/4 oz bags for $10 throughout "High" school. Mexican dirt weed. Made use laugh at everything. And all it had was possibly 3 percent THC.

• FarmerJoe
      FarmerJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      My mind still thinks I'm 21 but my body Just won't get on board.
      1977 homegrown $10 an ounce nothing but leef. Mexican $20 an ounce. Colombian gold[Seedy sweet tasting], Colombian redbud, occasionally Panama Red 30 to $35 an ounce.
      My first lessons in growing #1 no partners! #2 no matter how pretty and how bad you want to show it off, Or admit that you grew it, don't!.
      Once run across an oz of Lebanese blond hash[$100] everyone at my high school was happy for a week.

56 for 22 more days. Always heard getting old ain't for sissies, So True I believe them now.

God has a funny sense of humor. Time to pay up for all those stupid things you did back when, didn't think you'd make it this long. You can't cheat time. I think God was a farmer 2

Happy growing Hope everyone has a Awsome New Year!

Be Happy - Don’t Worrrrrry
    Perpetual Harvests
    Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
    Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
    2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Comment

• stump
      stump commented
      Editing a comment
      that's for sure

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Those nuns always told us he was a carpenter....

51 from Oshawa Ontario
    5x5 tent
    2000 watt Aglex cob series
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

I just turned 40 in Oct; but still get hard core 'SHOCKED' face when I'm carded for alcohol (21 in america)... people usually peg me about 10yrs younger, yay good genes!

Comment

• PRIMO
        PRIMO commented
        Editing a comment
        I also was asked for i.d. in my forties, proudly I held out my d.L., the old bat missed it onna first grab at it, got it on the second try then held it up about an inch from her nose to see it. Yup blind as a bat. Kinda popped my little ego bubble. Sigh.

Two weeks shy of 73

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool beans, old timer!!! ;-}

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Waiting for you to catch up.yung'n
        Last edited by kingfish; 01-04-2020, 05:32 PM.

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        Young whipper snapper, got you by 56 weeks.

37 here, 1982. I still feel 21 though. I think it has a lot to do with with my breakfast routine. 2 dabs, a bag from the vaporizer before the car ride to work and then 2 red bulls and a joint on my way there. Also bacon. Write that down. It's the secret of eternal youth.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        You know they done all those studies where the used rats wrapped in bacon and it gave them cancer,, I never intended to wear my bacon!

Just another quinquagenarian here (51). Median age here is skewing towards 60+. That is pretty cool.

Comment

It was alltatup and those arithmatic skills. She said 66 and revisited those calculations to take it into next year and reported it would be 67 next year

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall I work hard to provide these precise calculations...

Hi Oldjarhead100. Interesting question and it makes me wonder why you thought that. To answer your question I am 63. It is nice to be in a forum that has a variety of 'ages' represented. I enjoy being around younger people but there is also something special about people about 10 years older and younger than myself. People our age have seen a lot of changes societally and technologically. We may have tried growing plants from the seeds in our weed which for many of us was probably a low grade product from Mexico. As for online shopping it was a catalogue that came in the mail, you filled out an order form, had your parents write a check and mailed it in. Then you waited for your order to arrive in 3 - 6 weeks. We probably learned to use a slide rule and remember when you had to be rich to have a color TV.
        5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
        3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
        Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Comment

• herbgrower
          herbgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Since I am only 24, I am amazed to find growers from such an experienced age. It really did surprise me.
          Organic357 I always wonder what life would be like for the previous generations. Today there is Prime now and Netflix and Uber and Maps. How analogous and manual life was then.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Herbgrower, my unscientific sampling has suggested that a lot of young people are turning their noses up at cannabis because it's an "old guy" thing. "That's so lame, my DAD smokes that shit, and look how funny he ISN"T".

I'm glad you're here to wake us all up. No figuratively, I mean from our naps.

• herbgrower
          herbgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          DingusKhan Well I believe those young bloods don't know enough cannabis anymore than that it gets them high. I mean this is much like what is Bob Marley in popular culture. People take him as an icon for cannabis but he wasn't just that. He is an icon of non violence, equal rights and love. Younger gen will come around to herbs when they're not younger anymore. :P

herbgrower. I was not surprised at all by the median age of the group here. I am supprised that you are supprised lol. I am willing to wager that most if not all good weed grown in a quantity that was available for "retail" sales had an old head somewhere in the mix. (Not trying to come off as aggressive. I just proof read that and it seems a little rude but I promise those are not my intentions. I just can't think of a better way to word it.)

Comment

• herbgrower
          herbgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          StillHigh1982 I think I agree with you on that. Cannabis cultivation is an art and an acquired skill. You can't learn enough by books and research as you would after years and years of growing.
          About the age, I think I am gonna make my kids(when they're adult) read this forum just so they can understand that cannabis is not something that bachelors were smoking up but something that people regarded with a personal and responsible habit.

We're 63, 67 and 70 here - we remember buying dime bags with 2 fingers of mostly stems and seeds... But now we've graduated to growing our own or buying at a dispensary - we prefer growing. We've been involved in outdoor in pots, in a greenhouse situation. Now we've started a smaller bunch in a grow tent in the garage. I'm thinking of journaling the process because of our lack of memory, due to age and smoking marijuana. Think should repel the bugs we've encountered before. Anyway, good to be here and look forward to learning more...

I'm glad to see, and read an older growing body of knowledge here.
        Last edited by TishWish; 01-06-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahhh yes...a lid for $10. Supposed to be an ounce but who had scales for buying...?

• Eliot Pryor
          Eliot Pryor commented
          Editing a comment
          You want to avoid bugs ? Go hydro !!

• OlderNOTwiser
          OlderNOTwiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to GWE, it's great to have yuns. I'm sure you'll learn plenty if you hang out here much. I'm sure we can learn plenty from you too!

Comment

Originally posted by TishWish View Post
          I'm glad to see, and read an older growing body of knowledge here.
          TishWish funny, my doctor told me that same growing older stuff but that I should keep doing whatever it is I’m doing, ‘cause it agrees with me. Imagine that?

welcome !!

Comment

Thank you all for the welcome! We're ready to harvest now but the flowers aren't very big. And we don't see any yellowing leaves at all. All the leaves are green and look great. We are getting the darkening of the pistils and the milkiness of the trichomes. Giving them another week, then flush and cut. I think the temperature had something to do with it and looking forward to warmer weather for our next grow.

Any ideas?

Comment

• StillHigh1982
              StillHigh1982 commented
              Editing a comment
              More light. I dont know what you are using but small buds are either genetic, or bad environment. The plant looks healthy so my first guess would be from lack of light.

36 here...................

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X