Grow journal 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow journal 2020

Wet the seeds on dec 3 put into the autopot system on dec 11.
    using the autopot system with coco medium. Floranova nutrients. Using a dimmable 1000w ballast set currently at 600w. RH is at 37% and temps 24°c.
    running my reservoir at a ph of 5.7 currently and ppm is right around 850.
    going to be mainlining these girls. All are feminized seeds. Only put one of each seed this grow to see which strain will give best flavor/yield.
    strains are : BC Big Bud, Skunk, afghani x NYC Diesel. There was a 4th Critical kush but she didn't take and I'm currently trying to get another seed to pop but these may be to old to pop now. I have had them for several years.

Along for the grow Diefurge,
    I am using autopots and coco as well &am getting ready to harvest.
    Good luck on the grow.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 12-31-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Dlefurge
      Dlefurge commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you like the autopot? This is my first time using them.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my 1st grow with autopots as well but with Remo Nutrients. I am growing autoflowers. The system works well once up and running. I left it on autopilot for days at a time and never over or underwatered the plants. I did run into problems by using too strong a nutrient solution and slowly had a buildup and ph lockout in the pots. Even against instructions I was forced to flush which brought things under control for the most part.
      I am not sure your overall experience level but you look like you have things running smoothly. Many great articles on GWE and tons of help just a question away.
      Happy to help if I can.

I ran into that early on with the nutes. Was up over 1100 but when I added another 5g of water I lowered it to 850ppm. Trying to keep my ph at 6 but leaving for work on new years day so will be away from them for a few days. Wife still looks in on them.

Comment

So yesterday I hung some mylar sheets to deflect my light back to the girls. Running my light at 19h on and 5 off.
      temps this morning are in the 24.3c RH is 35%. Added a small humidifier to the room to try to increase the RH but with winter here it is hard to do. I am really thinking hard on a 4x4 or 5x5 tent but with my HID I'm really concerned about heat. I have just a wing reflector. I'm not concerned about stealth or smell as I live in Canada.

Trying to upload updates pics but getting error. Will try later

Comment

Looks like my picture issue had something to do with effects I had set on cam. So here are the updated girls
        seeds were wet on dec 3 so roughly a month and they are really becoming little monsters. Those stems are about the size of a bic pen.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          You must be doing something right great job! They look very healthy.

UPDATE.
        So it's been a week I was away at work
        . The girls are looking super good. The autopot system is working flawlessly. Just did a reservoir change. Set my ppm up now to 1150ppm and my ph is set to 5.5.
        so these pics are current. Today I will be doing some gardening and turning these into 3 main lines.

Comment

So done with the gardening today. Started the big Bud on a mainline. Topped and defiled both the skunk and afghani.
          took 6 Big Bud clones and 2 skunk and 2 afghani

Comment

Great grow I love when folks clone their plants. They look happy and healthy.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Unfortunately doing some light training on plants in the back, my Big Bud suffered a unrecoverable injury. One side of the starting of my main lining was broke to bad to be taped so had to amputate totally. The remaining chute is healthy and doing well.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry about that, I can't tell you how many times I've done it and continue to. Sometimes you have to gently wiggle bend several times loosen stem fiber and sometimes " shit happens " no matter how easy we try and do it. Photos rebound much better than autos when breaks like that happen.

Well working now can't wait to get home this week and see the girls. My wife said they are growing superfast and that more defoliation needs to be done. Leaves are growing crazy according to her

Comment

update
                So got home from work today and looking at the girls it is time for the flower stretch. Did some light defoliation and pulled the stems down some. The BC Big Bud recovered nicely from the break.

Comment

So got my first symptom of something wrong. Only on 1 leaf though. Hard to tell the color with the hps light but its yellowing just on the tops. Also slightly curled up. They are 24 inches away from my light and it is set at 1000watts.

Comment

Dlefurge Just a suggestion... I wouldn't use that Thin Wire to ty the limbs down, It can Cut into the plant! better to use plant ties or even pipe cleaners.
                    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
                    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
                    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
                    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
                    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
                    6" Oscilatting Fan
                    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
                    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Well since my last grow went hermie and I couldn't find it, flowered it out and turned the majority into bubble hash. I am now just finishing up week 4 of flower on my 2 new plants. The other 4 turned out to be male.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X