• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrblu
    replied
    Cheap lights - CFLs

Look on GWE for : space bucket, bonsai mother, micro grow

Consider a larger space . With 2' total hight once you take into account your pot hight and light spacing requirements, lastly the flower stretch. Your plant would need to end around 16" @ harvest so about 8" in veg.

With such small pots there is a real risk of nutrient deficiency. You don't have to get brand a b c. But highly consider investing in some sort of supplement for your plant , or as stated there can be items around the house to achieve the same results.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    18/6 for the lights - autoflowers can handle 24/7 - start your lsting sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    I prefer 18/6 but other growers will run their lights 24/7 my advice is to just watch them either way you go and make sure that they don't stretch for the light.

Leave a comment:

• jna313
    replied
    Thank you all.

@SoOrbudgal - Yes, I've been reading. I didn't discover this website until I was 4 weeks in, so I'm trying to catch up.

Rwise - My little plant was looking a little sad, so I've decided to repot in fresh soil. If you looked at my setup - my tent is only 2ft tall. I can't plant in larger pots. For now, until I can get a larger grow room, I'm working on these to be small and bushy. Bonsai-ish maybe.

Jon Giving them as much as I can. Should I stick to the 18/6? Or start going 24/7 lights on?

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    All I can say is for your ladies light is food.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Careful with the coffee grounds, they contain caffeine and if you dont get that washed out it can do harm to your girls. Caffeine is an herbicide,,, I found this out the hard way,,,
    I would move them to a larger cloth pot, for me that's 20 gallons for photos and 7 gallons for autos.
    Look into organics, we toss out many things we can use, like fruit peels..
    I use CFLs, for now, when I can I'll get better lighting, just not in the budget yet..

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Did you look at any tutorials on GWE on what you'll need to grow? Small plant do to small pot poor drainage.

e

Leave a comment:

• jna313
    started a topic First timer, hope this works!

First timer, hope this works!

Looking for any advice or recommendations! I am a first-time grower and challenged myself to try with items around the house. Believe it or not, I did have most of this already.

Seeds: 2 bagseed from same bag. No idea the strain. Started germination on Dec 1st. Sprouted on Dec 3rd and I moved them from paper towels to a little 2” tall pot and put them in the window. They began to stretch and after a bit of research I realized I needed more light and warmth so I began my build of a tent.
    2x2x2 light tent - I am a product photographer, so I actually did have this laying around. Had some white LED lights on one side, Velcro walls, and two “vent” holes, on one the side and one at the top. I know it’s going to prevent my plants from getting very tall, I’m going to try training for bushier/wider and hope this works for my first grow of bagseed.
    Pots: Going for a nano/micro plant, so I planted 1 in a bonsai pot I had. The second I upgraded to a 5” pot and it seems to be doing better than the smaller one.
    Humidifier: It’s actually a fishtank/pond fog machine I already had but it’s doing the trick, if the water in the jar is low I can get up to 65% humidity, but it averages 45-50%.
    Clip Fan: got at an auction for $3, clipped to a big book outside the tent and using the side vent to send fresh air in.
    Mini Box Fan: already had, using it as an exhaust out the top.
    Space Heater: I don’t use it very often, but I overwatered last week and I used it on the outside of the tent to heat it up a little more to dry out the soil.
    ThermoHydrometer: Picked this up on Amazon for $13, Bluetooth, so it alerts my phone if temps or humidity go out of a set range.
    WyzeCam: I have a smart house for the most part, so I already had 8 of these cameras, so I figured why not. It’s set for a 1 week time lapse at the moment.
    Grow Light: This is the source of my concern. It’s a 2-head that says it’s 90w total, so 45 per head. I’m sure I’m going to get reemed for that being not enough light, but I couldn’t find something ASAP cheap. $15 on Amazon.
    Spray Bottle for watering, even though I don’t use it often, I pour until I get run-off in the bottom. I’m finding that the run-off is soaking up within 24 hours.

Concerns:
    Smaller Plant: What’s up with it? Why is it stunted? Why are the leaves turning brown?
    Light: is there a really cheap options for more light?
    Watering: Going to a 2-3 day spacing for watering right now. Is that the right thing to do? Any other recs for watering is welcome. I tend to overwater due to excitement of growth.
    Training: should I start now? On both plants or just the one that’s growing better? Can I use yarn? I have pipe cleaners, but they have hard pokey pieces that could damage the plant.

I’m not prepared to get into feeding plants with nutrients. The expense is what’s stopping me. I did apply a k-cup worth of used coffee grounds split between the two plants. Is that bad or ok? Should I add more? How often?

Thank you to any who view/comment. I don’t like going into things not knowing what I’m doing, but I thought this was just going to be a window-sill grow, but I got a little excited. So just looking for any inexpensive options for improvements.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X