Parts Per Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts Per Million

MY Plants are ready I've no doubts at all about that, but my PPMs are still over 500, 709ppm being the highest 509ppm being the lowest.
    I honestly can't find any advice on Harvesting them at above 500 PPM
    I know this will affect the quality of finished Buds but will it affect it so much that I should have given it another Flush plus another few days under the lights?
    basically long & short of it is to Flush or not to Flush?
    Any help greatly appreciated thanks 🙏

Quit feeding, flush if they've been fed nutes like bloom otherwise i'd let them dry out , check trichs with loupe. If your sure it's ready by seeing trichomes at least all milky you are in the window for harvest. Do the leaves have any fade, going yellow? Can you post a pic.? Good Luck either way, Welcome to GWE forum.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• AuldReekie
      AuldReekie commented
      Editing a comment
      I stopped feeding over 8/9 days ago gave it 3rd Flush Tuesday thought that'd have done it, yes the Triches are where I want them to be, yeah the leaves started fading a good bit I've noticed in the last couple of days, my phone is crap for taking pics I've tried everything, Sunglasses used to work but these. new phones are too good for their own good!! Cheers for the advice I'll send a couple of pics when they've been given haircuts, thanks dude ✌️

This is actually a highly debated topic but this is my opinion. Flushing only (imo) speeds up the initial cure process but given a long enough cure flushing is not necessary. That said i still flush myself. I have tested this several times and have found that the only difference i can notice is when the plant is just finished drying. If i smoke a flushed plant and non flushed plant as soon as they are dry enough to smoke the flushed plant tastes a lot smoother. That said, after a month of curing they taste the same. I do it so i can taste my harvest early without coughing so much but after a week of cure the non flushed weed loses the harshness.

In your situation, without knowing all the specifics, look at the trichomes. Are they where you want them to be? Then harvest. If they could use a little while, then flush, but i would not be feeding them if you are a week from harvest. https://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest#trichome-method

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      yep, it also makes a lot of financial sense, why waste nutrients the last two weeks when the plant itself has a good reserve. it also signals the end of flowering so the plant goes into senescence more quickly

Yes my Triches are where I want them to be mostly Milky with splatterings of Amber, I Cure the Harvest so think I'll be putting them to Sleep when the Soils dry. Thanks for the advice dude much appreciated ✌️

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      remember that there are a lot of things a grower needs to practice and make mistakes and experiment when it comes to drying and curing and the overall final quality. flushing is a very small one compared to when and how to harvest, how long to dry and in what conditions, when to jar, how often to burp and how much... etc. every single one of this factor has a much greater impact on the final product. so my advice is dont focus too much on the small things like flushing, once you have absolute control over the drying and curing then you can experiment with different flushings and actually asses how it affects the smoke and all that. but no matter how well flushed if you mess up the drying (which you will at some point like everybody) or the curing (same thing). i hope this is encouraging and not a downer point of view, try to flush when you can but dont put it at the top of the list of priorities

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X