Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner - first ever grow

Hey guys,

So this is my first ever grow. I absolutely love quality cannabis and want to the absolute best to produce the quality I am used to. The strain I'm working with is LA Kush Cake. I got 18 clones (rooted, well most of them) December 4th under a 300w vegging CFL light. As you can see I have it in small pots in tent with a humidifier. I feed it bottled water at the moment (PH 6.2) 60/40 coco pebbles. At this moment all I put in my water is root tonic and urb grow higher to also help with roots (all natural no NPK) I was using hard water to start off with but I think there was too many chemicals which caused leafs to foil burn and crumble.

i would like as much hints and tips as possible. For some reason I can't help but feel that there is something wrong with the plants there always dropping. I need to learn about topping and training plants. i plan to put it in the auto hydroponics system I've recently purchased in next 7days

Can someone one please help diagnose the problems with my plants (if any) advise me on my next moves trimming needless leaves or what I should be focusing on, what I should be putting in my feed. I'd really appreciate it like I said I used to quality and want every part of the process to be done correctly. Please look at photos and get back to me.

looking forward to hearing feedback.

Hi Brinno, Welcome the the forum. Ambitious 1st grow.
    I am not an expert but I would think at this stage they would be in need of light nutrient solution. . Did you precharge the coco with cal/mag? That can slow growth and turn leaves yellow.
    tons of very informative articles on GWE but our resident experts can help as always.
    GL with everything.

Comment

If you have nutrient rich soil you shouldn’t need any nutrients yet. Nutrients will cause the burn which is what you can see on the edge of the leaves. Also look like they are wilting, have you given them too much water? The soil should be pretty dry

Comment

I do not know hydro but lots of folks here do. I can say this much is clones look too wet. Do you see roots?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Brinno
          I have to agree with Daniellerose46 , they look over watered. You should also back off your light, 300 watts is too much if you are not rooted and if you are not rooted don't feed them any nutrient right now unless you are foliage feeding.

What is your humidity % ?
          Space for Rent.

Comment

• Brinno
            Brinno commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Mr Furley, do you think CFL could be too close to plant? Could it stunt growth? It was recommended by shop to help roots any nutrient in my feed is to encourage root growth? I'm just worried about the wiltering more than anything. Even when it's dry it still Wilters? Can you tell me about foliage feeding or is there any articles you can sign post me to? I'd appreciate it!

JohnEmad thsnks for response! I haven't done anything to the coco. Should I be using cal mag at this stage of veg, this plant is naturally small and bushy but I'm kinda thinking something wrong. I can see roots starting to think maybe I should put them in system ?!

Comment

Daniellerose46 hey Danielle, this is what's worrying me, I feed them once every 3-4 days but even when dry they still look like they are wilting. I'm not sure if there is blockage in roots but when I feed plants I see feed come through the bottom so I'm a bit perplexed. Do you think it could be something serious. I'm trying to stay in front of potential dangers but with no experience I'm not sure what to look for.. please help diagnose lol 🤦🏾‍♂️

Comment

Without a good root system - plant won't survive.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Brinno
              Brinno commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey thanks for comment, from the look of my plants would you say the root system is inadequate?..

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've never grown clones - autoflowers for me - after I get a sprout, I help them develop their roots before any nutes.

Hi Brinno, welcome, and congrats on getting started. I think you have a number of problems to address, here are a few observations:

1) That's a lot of plants. Are you planning on flipping them soon, like tomorrow, for SOG type setting? I also have a 2x4 tent, and I couldn't imagine doing more than 3 plants in there. When they GROW, that's about all that will fit in the space. You might get 4 in there, but you would be dealing with humidity, mold, and inadequate light problems when they get closer to finishing. Especially for your first grow, you might consider giving away all but 2 (or 3 at the most) of your best looking plants, and focus on making them perfect, and getting the ALL the WAT to harvest.

2)Those still appear to be in nursery pots. I think you should transplant the 2 that you're going to keep to 3 gallon bags of soil or the medium of your choice. I doubt they are root bound, but the clone producers never use high quality soil in their cloning mixes. The need some good stuff.

3) You need a better light for that much space, but don't blast those clones yet. They need to be repotten in good soil, watered with whatever supplements they lack, and brought back to vigorous growth before moving on the next steps, like worrying about whether they are rooted or not. But for a 2x4 tent, I would recommend either 2 cheep Amazon blurple lights, or in your case, a 2ft or 4ft T5 fixture with 4 or 6 tubes in your tent. And in then next 4-6 weeks before those plants have filled out enough to put into flower, you can research which "nice" light you are going to get (plan on saving up 150-300 dollars for something good for a 2x4 tent.

4) Don't ignore anything else that every one of the previous posters said. Overwatering, developing roots, etc etc, foundational stuff that can't be missed.

Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Brinno
              Brinno commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey thank you for your advice.

1) So, I'm using a 3x3 space for the 18 clones I have in my current tent, I put them in there as I didn't think they were ready to be out in the auto system I have ready (3 lines of 6) 9 600w

2) I will transfer to 20-25L pots in auto system in next 5 days, just wanted them to mature abit first. Doing hydro using 60/40 coco/pepple

3) I will be using 9 600w over the 18 plants (3 rows of 6 hps lights being used)

4) taken everything into account (kind of had a feeling about the comments before I seen them) I don't know whether the coco pepple is blocking, I've just looked at the bottom of pots and only single roots have come through so far. Should I be worried?

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have roots sticking out of the bottom, they are ready to be moved up to the next size up, I would recommend at least a 12 liter bags. I would then plan on only having room to flower 4 plants in your space, unless someone else chimes in that they SOG in a 3x3 with more plants all the time.

But I can say this ith certainty: 3x3 is the ideal tent size for a 315 CMH fixture. Plants would be very happy flowering under one of those.

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Also, I think you will probably only have room for 4 plants in a 3x3 tent.
              You only need ONE 300 watt hps fixture for that small a tent, even with all those plants in it.

I think you should read more tutorials all the way through, and buy what's the shopping list that most closely matches the set up (the size of tent and type of light) that you already have. Before your clones get any bigger, and you buy more lights.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X