Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever try 2 plants in one large pot..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL anyone ever try 2 plants in one large pot..?

wondering if anyone has tried multiples of plants in larger pots and was there any yield difference? ie, 4 5gal pots 2 each, compared to 4 5gal with one ea?

I've seen 2 plants in a 20gal. outdoor. This is not something I personally would do. 5gal for reg photo plants way to small for 2 plants in my opinion even with autos.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

one time i took 4 small and shitty clones and put them together in a 3 gal plastic pot, they were stunned because they were a bit too big for the solo cups they were in so the flowering took 10 days more than usual but they produced at least an ounce of nice buds between the four of them, when harvested the plants were like 15 inches tall from the soil. its no way near the 3 to 4 ounces i can get from a big plant in a 7 gal pot but i think small clones with small root balls can be pack together in bigger pots or raised bed to create a very even sea of green canopy and flower with very little to no vegetative period.

Comment

I say go for it but not in a 5 gallon pot. I grow two plants per 20 gallon pot. I grow in organic living soil. Fills up the space faster than one plant per pot in less veg time. The key is to grow strains that grow the same or similar right now I have 2 sativas and two indicas not a good idea. They don’t interfere with each other just two are taller

Comment

Go for it, but put 2 in one and 1 in another, same soil same size and see it for yourself.
          I have multiple plants in 7 gallon pots, but only until they show me sex! Males beware I pulls ya,,,

Comment

Long time ago, we'd put 8-10seeds in a 5gallon bucket, we did this for 4-5 years just messing around, when they showed sex, we'd cut the males out, and weak females, leaving sometimes 3-4 females in a pot, some years we had some awesome harvests, we had to water them 3-5times a day sometimes, because of all the roots in the buckets. They got sunup,to sundown sun, when they got 3-4 foot tall, we'd stick them in the shade, for flowering,
            Its not advised, but you can sure do it.
            These were outdoor plants, and we weren't going for pretty, lol , we were going for buds.
            HappyGrowing
            HappyHolidays.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. As a 'hey, I wonder how this would work', sure. Just too many reasons not to in my mind.
              Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X