First harvest under new LEC light: Bruce Banner 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First harvest under new LEC light: Bruce Banner 3

So just started harvesting my Bruce Banner and am half way done on one plant. Yield may not be as good as my HPS but that is probably user error. That said, the buds are more dense and hard and way more sticky than my hps bud. Once i get better with this light i can see great things ahead! Oh and i had to get a new phone and the camera kinda sucks now so, sorry. Still have one and a half Bruce Banner plants to harvest but i may just finish the one as i dont think i'll have space in my drying cabinet for both plants
    Attached Files

Tersky They look great!
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

Well done Tersky, enjoy the harvest.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks SoOrbudgal. Cant wait to see how this smokes!

Beautiful, nice job. I love my 315, if you got a good lamp-bulb in it they grow pretty plants.
      Good Luck on your drying and curing.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah i got the philips Master Color Blue in there and it works well but i just have not gotten used to the nuances of the light. For example, the corners of the light have a divotted reflector that actually reflects more light than the rest of the reflector, meaning my light intensity is stronger at the corners than the center..which is weird and has caused some new bud growth from light stress. It just means i have to find the best height.

Looks great.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

I too have loved the extra sticky and STINKY!
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel like a kid the day before christmas that has his present but cant open it yet! Cant wait for them to dry and cure enough to sample!

Tersky gotta add my thoughts as well but all I can say is.... everyone above said it all !! Great 👍

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Has there been anyone who tried an LEC and said "meh"?
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I have heard a few times that people that they got smaller yields. But shit, most of us here, by the time you're saving up to buy a REAL grow light, A) you're probably not a beginner any more, and B) you probably are starting to have successful grows finished before stashes depleted, which means pot starting to pile up. Which means C) FAT FROSTY STINKY STICKY buds are now more appealing than HUGE QUANTITIES of "meh" buds.

Not that CMH will let you down at the scale. It will still be heavy. Not quite as heavy as HPS, but you'll see and smelland taste the difference right away.

DingusKhan I hate to voice this opinion. And it is only opinion...... I agree

Even on the second grow experience is exponential. Confidence is higher and you’re not as desperate to try your end result. While no light expert I have invested a lot of time and some decent bucks experimenting with many different light categories. Light IS POWER.....so for indoor gardens, we are under the thumb of the light gods and if we don’t meet the insatiable demands for controlled quality light, the results show it. So far in an informal analysis between low end and high end blurples, 315LEC, HPS , cheap bulbs vs. high end bulbs....(ok, get ready ) the diy LED’s were equally good in comparison to HPS and that’s in almost all areas. Of course, all of the other elements need to be in place or it still ain’t workin’ out.

‘These are subjective comparisons and when time permits in a FEW FREAKING YEARS, I hope to be able to list some of the variables in a more objective format. Got a lot to learn still. The fact still remains when it’s harvest time with any plant, your yields tell you what worked and the quality speaks the rest.

My only other analogy is and it has no relation to our topic.....I grew 8 cherry tomato plants as I always do, this years 8 plants produced the absolute best quantity and quality crop of tomatoes...I can visually see the total volume and taste the quality.

You know this took me two hours to write down... but we’re watching 90 day fiancé’ and it’s gettin’ good! Sorry 🤯

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        But that, of course, is totally subjective. Your mileage may vary.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry, I just realized this isn't the thread of the guy that was thinking about getting another Roleadro COB. buzzzzzzed...

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        DingusKhan I got 2 of those Roleandro cobs, don't use them anymore, but they grow pretty MJane, for sure.
        One of my best grows ever was with a cheap Galaxy Hydro, 300watt, 135watts at the wall, and 6-8cfls, 100watt, equivalent.
        In a 2x2tent.
        HappyGrowing
        HappyHolidays, ole buddy.

DingusKhan facts remain and are largely undisputed, good light, care, maintenance and controls instituted by knowledge make this work ... I have some stepping stone lamps I should sell as they really have no need and will not be used again. As you state...the path to the holy grail is littered by bygones 😄

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        I kinda did the same. Started with an Amazon blurple to get started. Then educated myself and decided to make my own. I’m also in a position where my budget for my DIY lights wasn’t a concern because I knew what I needed to give the plants what they needed. (I’m not a broke college kid with a limited budget) My DIY lights would be comparable to a $2200 fixture at a store. Mine was $1000 to build and is more controllable.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the way you guys roll. It's not the direction I've been pointing my mind at, but maybe someday, I will start to drool about layering the spectra and spreading real nice and even.... Cuz you guys sure grow some sticky ass weed!

This last grow I used 1000 watt hps with 2 leds that use an actual 424 watts, a claimed 900 watts. I added the two 450 watt leds in flower. Well we renamed that strain the Eraser as you cant remember shit after you smoke it.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

One thing i thought was interesting was the tops of all my colas were "sunburned". It's hard to tell in the pic but the tops are all a reddish color where the rest of the bud is green. Merry Christmas right? lol I think my light was too close but i was struggling to find the right height with the corners being extra reflective. When the grow is done i'll have to map out my light intensity footprint. The scissor hash was primo tho

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          This is happening ... there was so much scissor hash that I went thru 3 fiskars spring loaded scissors and eventually HAD to clean them with Everclear because they would not spring open. I think I’m willing to sacrifice a little crisp on the few top leaves if the trichs build up as they did. I have read..sunburned effects on these plants cause the plant to increase trichome protection as a form of protection

• JuanHondo
          JuanHondo commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw the same thing on two harvests with 315 LEC. How far away did you have the light? I had mine ~20” the second grow and it wasn’t too bad but still noticeable... your buds look great regardless👍

Farmall Just think how awful that would be increase of trichome for protection, may use that one.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          F#@&ing Autocorrect..... I had written “increase trichome PRODUCTION “. 😁

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Protection is accurate as well.

Farmall LOL so true

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X