CBD oil for dog in bulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBD oil for dog in bulk

My (canine) best friend of 17 years had a stroke earlier in the week. Took her to vet and they recommended euthanasia but I pushed for a few days worth of meds to keep her comfortable so I could see if she will improve.

She has gotten much better over past 3 days but gets overconfident and tries to walk/stand up and falls over.... I believe she may get even better if her body is allowed an opportunity to rest... but she is stubborn and could use some help/a sedative....

Long story short... I heard CBD oil might help.

Anyone have experience with this?

Anyone know where to buy bulk in Canada?

If I buy a couple ounces of high CBD low THC flower online can I turn it into something she can digest pretty quickly?
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Yes you can make some butter using either cbd or cannabis. I used it when my last dog got lymphoma. It worked far better than the ultram they gave her and she was on up to 150mg ultram every 6 hours. You touched on the one thing that I would warn you about. After she would take her dose she would think she was ok and do to much. It was nice to see her happy and playing though. So yes it's worth a shot. Locally they sell all kinds of cbd products for pets. Not sure if they do where you are.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Found a lab tested full spectrum product but will take a few days to ship. Still searching in between meetings and other bullshit popping up

ocgreen - 17 years is a lot for a dog. We had a collie that followed my wife for 18 years. But her quality of life was diminishing, So we had to send her to the Rainbow Bridge - where we will meet again.

So ocgreen you have to consider the quality of life your puppers is going through.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it's a hard decision. At one point we had an euthanasia appointment scheduled but I couldn't follow through. The reality of her situation isnt entirely lost on me but I guess I'm in denial and looking for a miracle

Every family member deserves the best we can give them. Sometimes the worst decision for us is the best for them. We had a lab/Irish setter mix (think black Irish setter) we had to put down. We bawled like babies in the parking lot. Embarrassing but felt good. Been ten years and I'm watering up just typing this.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for your loss. It is a hard decision to make.

I have a dog who suffers from seizures from time to time. I really want to grow a cbd plant just for her. Yesterday she started to have a small seizure so I held her and blew a small hoot at her. Within a few seconds she calmed down and was back to normal. It works really well for her.

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm happy to hear it works for your pooch. I should have some later today and hoping for same impact

Hey ocgreen , sorry to hear about your best friend.. I have some old girls as well, very large breeds and 10yrs old now. I have been giving them CBD for the last year..for a few different issues, muscle and joint issues, anxiety(storms mostly for one of them) and to calm one down when she hurt her shoulder. Vet's suggestion was to limit her activity.?? Really, thats pretty much impossible lol. Im in Canada and i get it from Budmail.com or motacnnabisproducts.ca. (credit card or e-transfer,3-5 day mail delivery) I dont know if its available in bulk though. There is two different products, one for large dogs, one for small.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks homegrown I'm also in Canada so I'm going to check out the websites you recommend. Ended up buying some from ocs.ca which will take a few days. driving to an Indian reserve later today to make sure I can get something in hand ASAP. But will be good to see how much it is at both sites. Likely cheaper than ocs

I hate these stories. We had 2 golden retrievers...one was 17 and one was 16 along with a cat that was 22. Those vet visits were the worst days to get thru and I walked out crying like a 3 yr old. I VOWED WE WOULD NEVER GET A DOG AGAIN. Ok, I lied....5 years later.... Click image for larger version  Name:	1F672FCC-FCC1-4E11-A51A-B46FEABB283F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	359179 And she gets CBD regularly. She’s’ now 6 and a very active farm worker. Love chasing goats, has no tolerance for cats

Comment

I am a hard core realist, and reality to say the least is not a pretty thing. The recovery of a dog 17 years old is a most unlikely event. Snake oil will not erase those years. The arrow of time according to even the most amateur of physicists is irreversible. Addressing the problem directly will be more beneficial. You want to avoid the formation of another clot. Dog aspirin will be a better alternative, but again you are only putting off the inevitable. https://www.chewy.com/gnc-pets-mega-...0aAjcoEALw_wcB

Comment

ocgreen my brother I feel for you and your best friend of a very long time. 17 is a testament to you both.

If you just need enough to start, you could get a gram of cbd extract from a dispensary before getting it in bulk. A batch of cookies will last quite a while.

The entourage effect may be significant, finding a specific strain that helps better than others in smaller amounts might save you some money in the long run.
      ​​​
      Also, on the CBD market, there's a lot counterfeit out there. Regulated channels helps reduce that.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Not in denial, ocgreen: Not in denial. My kitty died in early November, and this is the first time I allowed the animal to die at home. Her passage was quite peaceful, she sipped some water up to close to the end, and finally she want outside and found her place in the sun and died. I buried the body out behind the shed under leaves to let her feed the earth and creatures around her.

She wasn't in a lot of discomfort, so I was very cool with allowing her to die at her own time. I've always HATED taking the beloved pet into a smelly, cold, unknown, hostile vet clinic and having the passage happen there.This was so much better.

ps. give her some THC too if she has any pain.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          I am with you. I could not do that. I am not going to second guess god. If we legally can't end a humans life why would we think it's ok to end your best friends life?

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys. She is doing much better (relatively speaking) today

Hey guys just want to say thanks so much for encouragement and info. And for sharing stories.

I am so happy to say she is walking on her own a few steps at a time and drinking more. Even gave me some kisses. Her eyes are less cloudy and we even went for a really short walk around the backyard.

When it comes to the oil I have a small amount in hand and some expected in the mail. Not expecting miracles but if it helps with pain and inflammation then why not.

I know 17 is old for a dog and no doubt her time is soon. And to some people including vet maybe I should euthanize her. But I see a fighter who isnt yelping in pain and suffering. So I am happy I didnt put her down and she has another chance to leave this world on her own terms.

Up next:

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          With you loving and respecting her, by her side.

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          Every extra day is worth it!

Almost a week since my last post and my pup is doing so much better. Walking (albeit wobbly), drinking, eating, peaceful for the most part. Not doing that whole pulling to the left for no reason thing...

she is back to being on her regular vitamins (e.g. glucosamine) and CBD oil only -- no other pain meds!

the CBD oil does seem to really help with the trembling she gets less and less frequently each day. And I believe it is has caused her to eat and drink a lot more then she was

In the end I went with Soleil free oil because it was lab tested, readily available, affordable and gets good reviews.

Wishing everyone and their fur babies a happy and healthy new year 🥂✌
        Up next:

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          oc, that is really awesome news!! I'm so glad for her and you, and I'll bet she's loving you like crazy for taking such good care of her.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad things are better.
          We once had a dog who suffered a stroke and then came back from it at the age of about 14 and lived to be 17. Sometimes hope works out.

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys. Appreciate your support

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X