Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can you veg a photoperiod plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long can you veg a photoperiod plant?

While I technically have a dilemma it is a good one to have I guess. In October I started my first indoor grow. With a 3' x 3' tent I opted for two autos to start. Unfortunately my purple punch auto failed to pop. So I decided to start two photo Gorilla plants and planned to train them as I learned. No problem. The dilemma comes with the Solo cup challenge. My auto cbd will finish about mid-January and the solo cup can take its spot in the tent. Hope to flip the solo to 12/12 about four weeks and race to harvest by 4/1/2020. The two gorilla girls will have been in veg at that point for about 12 weeks. I know mother plants are kept in veg a long time but for different reasons. Is this too long or still kind of in line with them if they were outside waiting for a natural transition to flower? No matter what it is going to be very crowded in the tent for a while.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

You can veg a photo plant for years and have no issues. When I clone a great strain I sometimes keep them small for a few months before I actually start growing them. And I've never had it affect the end result. Eventually I flower our mother plants and they are no different than vegging for a month or 2. We did the math once on the T1 strain of cbd plants and we found that the clones were over 5 years old if you count when the original mother was started.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Yes all true you can veg. for as long as you want given space/environment. I'm about to go there with a couple clones. May be 3+ months under CFL it's the way I have my perpetual grow plan going.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I have given photo plants 0 veg time, straight into 12/12s as soon as sprouted, they dont get big,,, I would recommend at least 3 weeks veg time. But it is up to you the grower, flip em when your ready!!

Comment

"How long can you veg a photoperiod plant?" Forever, and ever, and ever. Just how can I veg myself?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X