Drying harvest in cold temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying harvest in cold temps?

Just thinking ahead..i have 2 autos to harvest in approximately 2-3 weeks. My tent will not be available to hang and dry the harvest and my house humidity is 50-65%. My garage is heated to a constant 45 degrees and the humidity around 40%. Has anyone dried their buds in low temp/low humidity? I expect it will take a bit longer to dry..im wondering if it will have any effect on the curing process and final product?? has anyone tried this method? am i gonna be the guinea pig...
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

The dry air will dry the bud fast, watch it close! Low temps help with aroma and taste as I read,,,
    Dry air hit here while I had a plant hanging, it was crispy dry in 2 days,,,, I watch closer now,,,

Comment

I cure in both...my house is fairly old so humidity can be a problem which I fix over the winter months by running a dehumidifier constantly in the background. Temps are usually around 16C and I trim and lay on brown paper and dry for 4-5 days, sweat overnight, another day or two drying and then monitor in jars-comes out teeth rattling down the line and so far, touch wood, no probs encountered

Comment

Same inside our home very low humidity dry from wood heat. Just as Rwise says gotta be vigilant about checking dryness.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I dry in a storeroom in my basement and it gets pretty chilly in the winter. Usually in the low 40F, with very low RH. It takes me about 7 to 10 days to dry my weed.

Comment

Why not !! I live in Canada and it's cold here during fall & winter so here what I read :

Regardless of which method you prefer, you will need to keep the harvested cannabis in a dark room with temperatures kept within the 60-70°F range and humidity between 45-55%, with a small fan to gently circulate the air. This is crucial to preserving the flavor and aroma of your harvested bud in the finished product, so it’s recommended that you have a dehumidifier, A/C unit, or another method for ensuring that conditions stay in this range.

My "dry room" is always around 20 Celsius with RH of 40 to 55 % and make sure that the room is dark. For me, it take between 9 to 14 days to dried.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I agree with Farmbuck: 45 degrees is too cold to dry cannabis. The process of drying the colas out to get the most out of your bud occurs within specific temp and humidity ranges. If you're outside those ranges, drying and curing will be thrown off. I don't think bud can cure if it's too cold; the biosynthesis can't take place.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X