Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long yet to go?

Yup. Another one of those posts.

Norther Lights auto in wk 8 of flowering.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

YYCannabis Hi again, what are you using to take these photos. I was recently looking at a Bluetooth enabled microscope to link directly into the phone. Not very pricey around $29 US at Amazon. I use a usb microscope to clip a small bud or piece of bud and use a pc to dig deep into the realm of trichome magnification and it is so easy to just look at them for clear, milky or amber. You can see how themagnification makes it easily viewable Click image for larger version  Name:	93C5F45D-CBBE-43E4-A45F-F1A34FF0388D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	254.3 KB ID:	358871 not many using a full blown desktops in use compared to laptops and tablets, so this can make an inroad for phone s ans or tablets

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      That close up is just from my phone then used the photo editor to zoom in more.
      I discovered tonight that my microscope is FUBAR. The wifi worked, but the image sensor died. Since I need something ASAP and Amazon can’t get one to me before Xmas, I have to get to a brick n mortar store tomorrow to buy something.

From what I can see in those trichomes it is in the beginning stages of ready. It depends on how you like your smoke. If your looking for mellow smoke it has awhile to go and I'd wait for some amber. If you want a daytime smoke with extra energy it is probably ready or very close to it.

I prefer mine to be all cloudy with little or no amber. The wife likes it when its more than 30% amber. Most I know prefer 20 to 30% amber which is what most here strive for.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

I'm with Spidermite's wife I like that amber for nighttime.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I tried taking several photos to see how much amber is present but it’s not the best. There is only very few amber that I can see. I’m not wanting anything that has too much couch-lock effect. Maybe a 10-20% amber ration is what I should aim for.
        Just curious if there is a predictable timeline for the changes from milky to amber? A few days? Week?

Comment

YYCannabis, If you don't want couch lock and you see amber. I would harvest now. I don't want couch lock either.

Comment

Some pics with a new scope. It’s a lens that clips over the camera on a phone. It’ll take me some time to get the hang of using it. Not much for amber yet...probably at only 1% by my estimates. I’ll give it a bit more time. Once ambers are more readily spotted I’ll start to flush.

Northern lights auto is a 80% indica and 20% ruderalis. Which, according to legacy wisdom, is already a “body stone” strain of cannabis. I’m not sure how much I put weight into that old school thinking anymore. I’ll probably start a new thread for further discussion.

Comment

Much nicer pics. You're pretty close. I grew a NL/BigBud from True North about 2 years ago, so I'm sorry if memory doesn't serve. But I remember the trichomes taking a long time to start turning, but then accelerated later in ripening. Like went from about 5% to 20 in less than a week. Like hitting the steep part of an exponential curve, if you're a math dork.
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                You might get your flush solution mixed up and ready to go in the next few days.

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Dingus.

In the last few plant cycles, I have noticed that when I look to see whether or not I should harvest, I plan a rough date in my head for doing that. Unfortunately, it seems that I have had to wait an additional 3 weeks on a average from 5% trichomes to 25%. They seem to take a longer time to go through that process. It makes me question if the amber conversion is not part of the plant still growing further but that of the flowers aging while the plant is now starting to die. As we know, it is THC degrading but is it more like human hair turning grey? As humans, we’ve matured and now it’s the down hill side showing its changes......shit ! That sounds horrible

Comment

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                Grey hair isn’t my issue. Lack of hair is 🤣🤣

I think you’re right about the about the amber change. It’s probably more of a symptom of souring/degrading than it is of maturing. I’ve taken a good look at peoples pics and it always looks like the center of the trich bulb that starts to turn brown...lack of O2 exposure (maybe) responsible for it? I wonder if someone was to put a milky bud in a vacuum chamber and remove all the O2 if the glitter would all turn brown quickly.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice, I've grown several Northern Lights autos, from Nirvana before, and they slow to get ripe, fastest one was like 90days, from seed, one took 98days. Killer smoke, smelled like pineapples to us,
                Some are slow to show amber an some fast, once they start showing, on the calyxes, not sugar leaves, just keep a close eye on them an you'll be fine,
                Nice job.

• Eliot Pryor
                Eliot Pryor commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes that sounds bad......and about that exponential curve ??

Her sugar leaves are just so glorious that I had to get some more photon lovin’ penetrating them. (That sounded too dirty didn’t it?) Since she will be coming down later this week, I decided that the fan leaves needed to go. Most often I see people defoliating from the bottom up, so I did my defol from the top down. You can see in the pic that I left her a hula skirt and a few other fan leaves scattered throughout just so that there is still some drive for the roots. Plus a few in the tops of stems and kolas just to make sure there nutrient movement all the way from tips to roots, all the way past the bud sites.

I am amazed at the growth of crystals on almost everything, including the stems of fan leaves and smothering sugar leaves.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                That is super frosty. Hope mine get close to that. We shall see in a couple more weeks.
                Think you have things figured out real good YYC,

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                What strain is in the picture? Almost any of my purple color strains seem to frost up everywhere from the underside of leaves thru the tips. Great feeling when it all comes together like that. Are you all hydro?

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                JohnEmad I’m still just learning, but I have a passion for learning and the world of cannabis cultivation and care is very intriguing.

Farmall Ya. I’m doing DWC.
                That one is a Northern Lights auto

Big correction!!

This is actually not Northern Lights auto. It is Super Lemon Haze auto. I made a whoopsie 😎 Since this strain is a 50% Sativa/30% indica I’m not going to wait for too much amber to appear so I can have this as a good daytime picker-upper.

decided to start flushing today. Will cut her down Wednesday or Thursday.

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                I had two that the tags fell off. But found them on the floor when cleaning up . I think I got em right Durban Poison and Jack Herer.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X