No announcement yet.

Amber Trichomes..Green healthy plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Amber Trichomes..Green healthy plant.

Iv been keeping an eye on my Autos..Northern Lights x Big Bud and Auto Cheese..I have been watering without nutes for the last 4 waters(12 days). Looked at buds with microscope tonight and most are cloudy..with a few amber sprinkled here and there. (Pics are tip of bud). The thing thats got me confused is the plant is still really green and healthy..looks like it wants to grow for another month.. Very few leaves have even turned yellow yet..... i'll post pics of plant and buds..maybe i should let them go for another week or two? suggestions?
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Me myself and I would let them go another 2 or 3 weeks, I like Amber! I think she'll fatten up more as well

Comment

That NL/BB is supposed to be pretty couch-locky, very demotivating. More amber will enhance that trait.

Might be a good one to harvest in stages and then compare the stoniness.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

i had one plant that had amber trichomes her whole life, not so dark but every single one of them was yellowish

Comment

When I see the first sign of amber, they get the axe. I don't like couch lock. I like a head high, not chunk of lead in your ass high. That is what a lot of amber will get you.

Comment

• Sledrock
            Sledrock commented
            Editing a comment
            homegrown - Personally, I would give them a week or two (Checking Trichomes Dailey) When I get about 20-30 percent Amber, I harvest.

Of course I like a somewhat mellow high. Dingus has a good idea: Harvest and smoke in stages if you have the time (I'd cut a branch, dry it for about 4 days, cure it at least a week and then - "Up In Smoke" and decide how you like its effects. Don't let it too many Amber - or you'll get a healthy dose of "Sleep Medicine"

P.S. Plant looks great!
            Last edited by Sledrock; 12-19-2019, 12:31 PM.

I've had plants stay green in foliage. Especially a couple autos. Just keep checking trichs.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If you believe in flushing your plants, and haven't started yet, you probably should start about now or very soon.
            Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              sorry, I see you've already done that. She should start fading soon.

Thanks all...im gonna let them ripen for a week or two and then have another look. Maybe i'll push them to more amber than cloudy cause i dont have any couchy weed in stock. I will definitely be pushing 2 of my photo AK clones to amber just so i can compare with last harvest.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice. Probably a good decision with the AK, I tend to find it a bit jittery. Some amber may smooth that out for you.

Very pretty plant. It does seem to have not used up all the available nitrogen yet. The leaves will fade as it does. I'm guessing it will still add alot of weight if you wait but it is in the "window." I'm assuming that you wanted evening smoke since you chose Northern Lights so I'd wait on more amber if that's the case.
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X