whats the best cola for phdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the best cola for phdown?

instead of pioneering the use and dosage of TSP for my flowering ladies to get a P boost i figured a more subtle approach might work since i am ph'ing down with white vinegar anyways i may as well take advantage of the phosphoric acid in cola's.

did a quick search and this is not a new idea but i was wondering which cola or soda might be the highest in phosphoric acid.

the sugar cant hurt either at this stage.

coke, pepsi, rc? i might have to take some clones in the future and do a proper test but would like to hear if anyone had thoughts.

pH down IS phosphoric acid. Just without the carmel coloring all the other artificial coloring or preservatives that might kill your beneficial root microbes.

You could just use that or food grade phosporic acid, which is available on Amazon for brewing beer.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• wibe
      wibe commented
      Editing a comment
      if amazon.ca wasn't so lacking i would have got phosphoric acid ages ago and used it instead of vinegar but walking past the soda isle today inspired me so imna see where this leeds.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were in the land of outrageous shipping. Can I ask why the reluctance to use pH Down? Is it also difficult to obtain?

i'll take the risk that the preservatives in a few drops wont be too detrimental to my yield.

looked it up and rc cola is the most acidic, classic coke coming in second.

i'll look into the ingredient list tho for anything that might really reap havoc before taking the plunge.

Comment

Ah yes cola weed, I know a person that sprays their plants/buds with coke, he claims bigger heavier buds. Here is my opinion of what he is doing, the sugar sticks to the bud and makes it heavier, then when burned it tastes like burning sugar, because thats what is happening. Many folks buy his stuff and brag on it, me myself and I do not like his cola weed. But as stated, he sprays the buds, not the soil.
      Vinegar and other acids are very temporary for PH down in my grows, apple cider vinegar has more beneficial stuff than white,,,
      Check out banana peels,,, or banana tea,,,

Comment

Coca Cola doing the lord's work?!
        Farmers in India have been using Coca-Cola and Pepsi as a cheaper alternative to pesticides. So, besides that they are poisonous for our metabolisms, they also have another function in other parts of the world. Interesting, huh? CSE (Center for Science and Environment), which is one of the leading voluntary agencies in

Comment

ok after two waterings i can fully endorse this.

i dont know if its a coincidence but in lower than ideal light my 4 week old buds started to frost over in trichomes days after the first watering. sugar leaves folded out well over a week ago.

15 drops or 1/4tsp takes a gallon of water from ph 7 to 6.5

you will want to be cautious though if using hydro solutions because the carbonation is CO2 and may mess with oxygen levels.

if i had a soda stream i'd be infusing nitrogen and pure oxygen along with sugar into water like a modified guinness to create a real crop tonic.

Comment

Most plant start development of tricromes at week 4, you are basically feeding carbohydrates to your microbials which in turn creates more microbials and boots nutrient uptake. You can do the same thing with sugar water or unsulphured molasses.

This is my Bruce Banner #3, week four of flower no sugar additives needed.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20191213_203739.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	359268

If it's working for you then great, I just don't see the point in using commercial toilet bowl cleaner on my plants.
            good luck.

Space for Rent.

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              I use food grade toilet bowl cleaners.

just to clarify i am endorsing cola as phdown not tsp which i have not ventured in to yet for phosphorus supplementation.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X