Helpful watering aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpful watering aid

This is a slightly different device than NebulaHaze passed along during class. If you don’t have easy access to the flower pots and need to stretch inside to reach or bend over the lights or under the lights to water them, I find it is a back breaker for me. First, I need to get a 5 gallon pail and carry it upstairs then dip inside with a 32oz container to pour water into each pot. I found this thing that works fairly well. I’ve coupled an extension tube over the end and simply direct the flow into each plant . I will say that it beats a full bucket of water smacking against my leg splashing my jeans especially in cooler weather. It’s flow is less than the 3 gallons per minute it advertises which is really a touch better for not flooding plants with too much water. They also make single stick versions which you can place in a bucket but for me, I still gotta carry the 40 pound bucket upstairs and down the 60 ft hallway. The fact that it’s a gas can and doesn’t spill is a game changer for me.... thought I’d pass it along

I'm kind of wary about any of these spill proof government regulated gas cans. I have 4 different brands, and I have spilled more gas with them than in my entire life. My 25 year old gas can has never spilled a drop. They don't makem like they used to. I think I'd be calling a plumber to alleviate your trudge. Or are you handy with a pipe wrench?

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      I am one of the handiest people in the country...unfortunately this is a rented warehouse space and I cannot make improvements. I have one can left like yours starramus. The others have been dented or beaten up over the years and a blue 6 gallon isn’t red so the won’t let me fill it with gas...So, I use it for water also but no way fill that one up all the way

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall Since you can't make permanent improvements how about a 100 foot garden hose with a shut off at your grow end? I wouldn't keep it pressured up during your absence from the building though. It would be great if this simple solution solved your problem.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus. Thought about a hose last year but it would need to be 160’ long and rolled up and stored after each use. AND, need to be connect to a faucet on the feed end. It’s a bad situation but manageable for now. It the most aerobic exercise it get😁. But the site is a great spot to use. That staircase is a long one too and open steel treads. Looks like the foundry at the end of Terminator 2....WITH MINIMAL PLUMBING !

Having to carry a 5 gallon pail of water upstairs is something no one should have to do. I carry my water buckets back and forth from grow room on this dolly:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dolly.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	357907

That's brutal, Farmall!! Your grow room doesn't have any closer access to water???
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Nada ! No hose connection, nothing but a sink. It’s a commercial building slop sink. A deep fiberglass molded basin on 4 legs...and that sucker is not close to the stairs.

Farmall that's so wrong i'd almost fill dozens of gal. milk jugs just leave them sit around the room so I wouldn't have to carry that load upstairs. I just broke down and bought a replacement carpet shampooer to replace the 40lb one we lifted up and down stairs, for the whole house I let someone else do it now
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal. Crazy that you say that.... when they had a sale on gallon spring water I broke down and bought 12 gallons. Saved the empties and I did refill and bring two up each time I went up. The pH is 8.4 so it’s a lot easier to mix the pH down in a 5 gal pail. Because I get lazy or tired, I do the 5 gallon thing more than I’d like out of simplicity and in some cases, urgency. It’s a good method to help prevent overwatering...😆

We bought one of those Hoover shampoo upright things 15 yrs ago but now we’ve changed most flooring to tile or that Pergo laminate. Only have a 9 x 11 area rug in one room. When one of the dogs finishes eating, she thinks it’s a giant napkin and runs along the carpet with her face to the floor. Fortunately, she not eating messy wet foods ! She just thinks she is

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X