Temp/ Humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp/ Humidity

Hello GWE! I am currently in a bit of a dilemma. I have been moving my temp/humidity monitor to different locations inside my grow tent with different results. I thought by hanging it at bud level would be my best spot. But it is in dirrect light with 2 leds (332 actual watts) approx 18" away and it is getting hot! 30.9C 87.6F I have my inline fan at max. (its not vented outside. It is in a spare bedroom) It does not seem to be bringing the temps down much. Do i have my temp/humidity monitor in the wrong spot? Where would be the spot to place it? Where do you keep yours?
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

I have mine strapped to my corner tent pole just above my plant canopy height.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SoOrbudgal im going to try that and see what the results are.

SmashGuitar ( and, please don’t smash any guitars, they are friends of mine 😎 ). I had mine also zip tied to a tent pole at the top since heat rises, I am guessing this is the warmest part since my lights gave off very little heat. On the other hand, I kept a fan speed temperature probe just at the tip of the canopy level and there is always a 3-4 degree F difference. There are also 3 8” fans mixing up in inside air so it’s likely the blend would be an accurate homogenous measure of temp and humidity . I also tried one on the floor between pots and it was only about 2 degrees F lower most of the time but usually in the shade. Keep in mind that they are simply free devices that came with lights or some other gardening package and not lab grade measuring tools. Around December in winter, humidity levels are 39-42% in ambient air but the watering and transpiration of the plant help bring that up to around 50% + or -

Comment

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Farmall no i won't smash anymore guitars! I moved it around and found that its only a few degrees difference. I am in the process of building a stealth window vent to vent my tent. Its getting to warm in there!

Hey SmashGuitar, whats the temperature of the room that the tent is in? Can you increase your exhaust fan speed and pull cooler air in from the room??
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      homegrown the temp of the room is 21 to 27.5C. My tent varies from 21.4 to 30.9C. I did increase the inline fan to max with little results.

Farmall our heat pump runs with our woodstove. If it hits 67 pump comes on. Boy I do the same with the hot water and warming hands.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal oddly when I was younger I could not take the heat, ran around in zero degree weather with just a flannel shirt, loved the cold...then I turned 60. For the last several years, I freeze. I’ve even had to go take hot showers to restore normalcy to my limbs. I’ve asked if an meds might cause that sensation but no real answers

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya Farmall same with us. Except my hubby he's in a t-shirt in doors winter, i'm layered in doors. Sometimes I dream of the hot springs and soaking, only trouble is getting out and walking 1/2mi to car LOL I wanna come back as one of those baboons in Japan who soak in those hot springs in winter sure looks toasty and beautiful.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X