how to check PH with the liquid one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to check PH with the liquid one?

So I think I have PH problems and I want to check. The PH tester that you need to stick in the soil is very expensive so I bought the one where the water gets colored and thats how you see the PH. Problem is that if I dissole soil in water I can't see the color as its brown and black? How do you use it? Or should I just invest into a fancy one?
    BTW does the plant looks healthy? I am concerned about the top leaf getting discolored, Im thinking of zinc problem.
    3 weeks since geminating, OG Gelato, 600W HPS

Post a pic of what you are using to ph your plants. I used the drops that changed color according to ph. Not sure your supposed to put soil in the water just the run off. No need for fancy pens drops work great.

Comment

Im using this one.

Comment

I believe you are supposed to catch the runoff water from the bottom of your pot without any soil then test that water. I didn’t have problems with drops but I used the GHTrio. Same thing they all are. Plants look good to me. I would advice you further but I don’t test the ph anymore my plants and soil work that out for me. Hope someone else jumps in. Hope that helps

Comment

If you can get a hold of quality kelp meal I can post a recipe I use that will take care of that small problem you are having and being that your using liquids to feed your plants it will work perfect in your line up take a dry amendment and make it soluble for your plants to instantly take in helps with stress as well. Let me know.

Comment

Hello ufzsolo
            The proper way to test soil for PH is call a slurry test.
            using some soil (preferably from the middle of the pot) soak it with water over night, drain off the water and test the water without the soil in it. Tape or a ph meter (not a soil probe) is the best way to do this as you may still be discolored for the the drops to work properly..
            The tester drops you have are mainly for checking the water before you feed it to the plant and in my opinion is the only thing you need to ph as long as you have been doing it from the start.

It could be Iron, my first guess without better picture and more details would be early stage magnesium. I would focus more on what nutrient it needs with the proper PHed intake water then testing the soil.
            Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-13-2019, 12:05 AM.
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Sweet, I have some soil soaking in water now let's see what happens. I make better pics later on to check whats the problem is.
              thanks yall

Comment

Allright so I checked the PH, its 6.0, bit low. I might start a little PH raising but 6 is not that bad. Made some new pics of the plant, what do you guys think?

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the first picture looks great! I'd put it in a bigger pot tho I don't know what size space you have?

I have a 1200*1200 tent with 600W hps. This girl is going to be a mother plant for future clones so I'm trying to keep it in size. I am a bit concerned though, I think the plant looks a bit dense, shouldn't it be more stretched? I know its indica strain but still... What do you think?

Also does anyone has a foolproof guide for training? As she is only motherplant I could practie on her as I can't really do any damage to her?

BTW how many plants would you recommend for my setup?

Comment

A Indica is going to be squatty plant that's a little more of a challenge to train for Mothering! I assume you're talkin 1200 millimeters, 4 plants in 19 liter pots or less. Is this your first grow? Here is a link to all you training questions https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-training
                  I follow most of them in the link below👇
                  You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X