Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cali
    replied
    Salt in your medium is a bad idea in my opinion. Just stay natural. Can you get a hold of some malted barley? Or kelp meal and or alfalfa meal. Top dress that should help you make it thru flower. Do your plants look like they need nutrients? If your amendments are in the soil malted barley should be sufficient. Easiest way is find you local brewery and get malted barley grind it to a fine powder and top dress water with a sprayer to try and push it in the soil ,in the end you will have frosty buds. Also helps the plant ripen faster. Throw away those bottles.

Leave a comment:

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    I use Dyna-Gro nutrients as well as Hydroguard and Orca by Great White. I use the beneficials because I run warmer than normal water temps in my dwc system. My microbes are alive and thriving at an EC that ranges from .8-1.8.

Leave a comment:

• Tersky
    replied
    I use root inoculate (Hydroguard) and salt based nutes in hydro so i dont think it will kill the microbes, but i dont know if it will feed them very well either. One thing about growing with bennies in soil from what i can understand is that you feed the bennies and the bennies feed the plant. With salt based nutes you dont get the benifit of bennies as the plant can absorb the nutes easier. I am not sure so i'm just throwing out what limited knowledge i have and hope that if im wrong someone will correct me. I would if you go that route add un-sulfered molasses every other feeding with plain water as that seems to work well for organics.

Leave a comment:

• Ell
    replied
    suscribed.

Leave a comment:

• jimicloudstuff
    started a topic SOIL Do salt based nutrients kill microbes?

Do salt based nutrients kill microbes?

This is my first indoor grow, home mixed soil, dry amendments. Just started flowering a couple plants yesterday.

Will liquid nutes made for hydro kill my mycorrhiza?

My in ground outdoor plants last summer hated similar nutrients, but I can't really do compost/ seed sprout tea indoors.

I have a bottle of "dynagrow bloom" that someone gave me, alternately I could stay natural and get some Alaska 0-10-10. If it's not gonna screw up the plants I'd like to use up the dynagrow.

Thoughts? Anyone out there inoculate roots and use liquid salt nutrients?

Thanks for any input!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X