Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trichomes staying clear at around ten weeks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichomes staying clear at around ten weeks?

DWC with GH trio, RH in the mid sixties, ambient temp with light on low 80s, light's off low 70s. bucket temp 68 degrees(F). My pH had a couple seesaw weeks during the fifth and eighth week of flowering. I would pH at 6.0 but it would drop to 5.3 the next day. I would raise the pH to 6.4 and it would drop to 5.5. Colas are under a foot tall and trichs aren't even at fifty percent milky. PPM has been in the high 1400s for pretty much the entire flowering phase. Roots appear to be fine but they almost fill up the entire bucket. I'm under the assumption that it isn't root bound and although the roots are plentiful, there's enough oxygen pumping in the bucket for them. Light is at the right height and intensity is all the way up. Just keep waiting it out?

Is it sativa dominant? Some sativa strains need even longer periods of dark it seems as they can be stubborn so to speak. Taken from https://www.growweedeasy.com/shorter...arvest-potency

"In my experience, here are the cases when growers benefit from giving plans shorter light periods than 12 hours during the end of the flowering stage:
    • For strains that come from the equator where light levels are often near 12-12 (usually sativa plants) reducing the flowering light period to 10-14 or even 8-16 is sometimes needed to get the plant to mature.
    • Also for some Sativa and Haze strains, the normal flowering period is 3-4+ months, and shorter light periods can be used to "force" the buds to mature faster..."

What is the strain and flower period from breeder? I have a Sour D that takes 12-14 weeks to mature according to place i bought the seeds. I would wait it out for a bit but you could also try to force it to mature by shortening the light cycle.

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      The strain is caramelicious, it is indica dominant(65%) and the flowering time is 9-11 weeks. Also, no light leaks in the tent. Because the trichomes are slow to mature, does that mean the buds are also slow to fatten up? Or unrelated but both can happen at the same time? If I feel like the buds aren't plumping up anymore, then it's definitely time for the fourteen hours of darkness? I kind of want to try the sixteen hours just to see how fast the trichomes turn.

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I personally have not done this so i couldnt tell you but if it's indica dom then it probably just needs a bit longer. But feel free to try as i'd like to know the results as well!

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Friday is res change so I'll wait till then to decide on the light cycle. Thanks for the info!

Also sometimes Sativas don't cloud up: my Purple Haze x Malawi never did in 16 wks.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      and that was some awesome weed ,I had a grow the plants were at 9 weeks ,so I gave them molasses and water ,before I could touch my forefinger to my thumb and 3 days later I had about an inch and a half space between thumb and fore finger

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X