Ready for flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for flower

Getting to head into flowering my girls, first time, and have been dealing with a minor case of WPM. Now are there any steadfast rules in monitoring plants during the flowering stage? Meaning if I want to inspect my plants during flowering is there anything I need to be aware of in regards to the lighting during this? I have LED lights that have veg and bloom switches and have noticed it's harder to detect the WPM under the light hue. Any tips or words of advice? Thank you all for help along the way

Hello susieqtpie83

One of the things that comes to mind is make sure your lights on and off schedule is convenient for you so you don't have to go out of your way to check on them.

My time frame works best to have light come on at night so I can water and going to bed, when I'm up and off to work I have a brief window to check on them before I leave. This also allows me to not run out of time in case I'm late getting home, Heat plays a big factor for the night time for me as well.

if you need to look at your girls in the dark time, which is not a good idea at all you can use a green LED headlamp to peek without disturbing but I strongly discourage this kind of habit.

you should be using both veg and bloom switches on your LED light, more light is better and both blue and red spectrums have their benefits in flowering.

I can't advise about white powdery mold under LED lights I don't have these problems, sorry.

This is an exciting time, good luck and keep us posted.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I use a keychain light. You can find them super cheap at automotive stores(I'm talking a couple of bucks). I clip it on to the tent zipper when I'm done. Or you can just use the light on your phone. The light won't harm your plants if that was a concern of yours.
      something like this: https://www.batteryjunction.com/phfrmipesafl.html

Comment

Safer's make a weapon for WPM - Defender Garden Fungicide. Works great - can spray into flowering. After using bleach on the insides of my tent - also sprayed some of this on the inside of the ten.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Also red up on those switches. As I had to when I started with LEDS. I'm my case Viperspectra 450’s. I started with veg on. 6 weeks in all kinds of problems. Researched in tons of blogs reviews. Comes to find out best is to keep both on during veg and flower. Balances the blues and reds to give it optimal growth.

Comment

people say neem oil is okay even early into flower.. I suggest it as it did wonders for my entire garden this year.

also trim your plants to encourage airflow.. this is common practise heading into flower anyways.

if you're in the light period of your day then shining extra light to detect mildew should not affect your plants.

Comment

I don't mist my plants indoors just water the soil. I've not had WPM indoor with my LED. It's pretty dry winter indoor. Is you tent in door Suesie? Most trouble with keeping humidity in the 35% Have fun good luck
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• susieqtpie83
                susieqtpie83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes indoor tent. Its isolated in a room in the basement so temps can stabilize but I agree will have issues with humidity

Soap unscented with no additives. I use dove bar soap and water in a spray bottle. Keeps pests from chewing leaves

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X