How do you water coco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR How do you water coco?

Seen a lot of over watering in coco posts lately so the question came to mind. I have my method and it works well, but i know my way is not the only way. That said, i have tried many ways and know what doesnt work too. Was hoping to get other experienced coco growers opinion as well. I'll start

I feed every water (unless issues), ph to 6.0 and water to 15% runoff then wait until the pot is light and repeat. Simple, easy and effective.

i use coco, i got 7 gal pots that i water every day with half a gallon of water and nutrients at ph 5.8. no runoff ever because i see it as a waste of nutrients

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok so you use higher ppm and less water but more frequently. I am in 3 gal and give my girls 1 gal of water approx every 2-3 days and my ppms are half. I will try doing that type of feeding on some clones im about to start to see if i can do better at it this time but have not had much success in the past. I was probably getting deficiencies due to the lower ppm i was using, not because of ph like i thought. Thanks for your input 9fingerleafs!

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      you are very welcome my friend, i should mention i start with hard well water at 350ppms so im actually feeding around 600 ppms of liquid nutrients and god knows what the other 350 are.

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah. That does make a bit of difference since im starting with RO water as a base.

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
    i use coco, i got 7 gal pots that i water every day with half a gallon of water and nutrients at ph 5.8. no runoff ever because i see it as a waste of nutrients
    That being said, who waters to runoff and then simply recycles the runoff? No reason I'm aware of for the runoff to be bad if it is refreshed every watering by going to 15% runoff. You could re-balance the ppm's if required.
    It sounds like you guys are watering/fertilizing with a fairly weak nute solution. What are your ppm's and what nutes are you using?

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Gh trio using schedule on website as a baseline but my ppms are anywhere from 450 to 650 (using 500 scale) but i use RO water and calmag. I have experimented with ppms and found this to be optimal for the way i feed as any higher than 650 gave me nute burn. If you use plastic pots then you could collect the runoff i guess but with fabric the runoff is usually not any good as the salts accumulate on the pot and get washed off when watering. Thats why runoff testing is not productive as well.. I dont have an issue. Im trying to see how everyone else does it.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      always 1.8 EC or 900 ppm flower or veg, small or big, usign calmag, botanicare pure (for veg) and gh flora trio (for flower) its not that run off is bad, its just that i have too many plants to try to recover runoff and i use 100ml a day of liquid nutrients so any way i can save a few pennies i do

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X