Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you smoke bud that plant had leaf septoria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you smoke bud that plant had leaf septoria?

just like the title says. on one of my plants it had leaf septoria bad or black spot whatever you want to call it. is it safe to smoke the buds? they really don't look affected but would really have to dig out the leaves when trimming. which will be tomorrow night.

going to load some pictures...this plant is 67 days flowering and an unknown strain that i have had going for a few runs. this plant is not even remotely close to what the donor was like. not sure what was going on. only started having the leaves funk out over the last week or so..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4709.JPG
Views:	3725
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	355575
      Attached Files

Comment

when you look at the dark spots they look black under the scope. now i did have the lights off for a couple days and temp down to 70f

Comment

Name:	IMG_4708.JPG
Views:	3266
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	355580
          Attached Files

Comment

also wondering if this is some kind of fungus or mold?

Comment

If you don’t want to smoke that bud, please please please toss it my way. I’d smoke the hell out of that. I’m not seeing anything wrong, but maybe I’m missing something. I’m no expert, friend.
              That said, I think those buds look great.
              Gorilla 3x3
              LEC 315
              Kind Soil
              Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Originally posted by s62 View Post
                If you don’t want to smoke that bud, please please please toss it my way. I’d smoke the hell out of that. I’m not seeing anything wrong, but maybe I’m missing something. I’m no expert, friend.
                That said, I think those buds look great.
                No, no, no - pay him no mind. It's obviously very toxic, so nobody should smoke that...except me! Altruistic, awesome individual that I am, I volunteer to fall on the sword and test it out
                A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

i wish i could take a picture with my scope and show the black spots that make up those dark areas you see on the leaves

Comment

Originally posted by cyberaktif View Post
                    i wish i could take a picture with my scope and show the black spots that make up those dark areas you see on the leaves
                    Could you trim a small section of a leaf/bud and scan it at, say 500 DPI?
                    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• cyberaktif
                      cyberaktif commented
                      Editing a comment
                      nah...dont want to use my scanner as a press...lol

if you are talking about the darkening of the leaves between the veins, thats a deficiency. Happened on my last plants when i flushed. There are no issues i can see. Just looks like a plant that is getting close to harvest. Its nothing unusual. Leaf septoria has yellow/brown spots btw, not black.
                    Last edited by Tersky; 12-06-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Tersky
                      Tersky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, the more i look at it, it almost looks like purps. Did temps get in to the mid to low 60's? Either way you are fine. Still nothing to be worried about. Not any fungus or mold. Just nature.

• cyberaktif
                      cyberaktif commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i've had the yellowing spots with brown for a bit and that was on a few different strains as well but this was the only plant that was doing this at the end.

• cyberaktif
                      cyberaktif commented
                      Editing a comment
                      purps? your meaning purple right? the temps haven't gone below 70f

That looks pretty darn yummy i'd like mine to have that problem LOL
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
                      Leaf septoria has yellow/brown spots btw, not black.
                      but doesn't the septoria create lesions which then turn black?

Comment

• Tersky
                        Tersky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, it turns brown not black

Name:	IMG_4713.JPG
Views:	3155
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	355969 also this plant looks, grew, totally different than the donor it came from...i mean apples to oranges different. this really didn't become widespread until i turned off the lights for a couple days otherwise it was only on the lower part of the plant.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4653.JPG Views:	19 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	355712
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by cyberaktif; 12-08-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        OMG someone better teach you how to grow weed!

• cyberaktif
                        cyberaktif commented
                        Editing a comment
                        that picture is of the donor plant about 1 1/2 weeks from harvest. the more yellow one is the current run.

• cyberaktif
                        cyberaktif commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yeah there were 11 colas on that with at least 4 coming in at about 2 feet long, the rest not much shorter. total plant height from the dirt was about 4 1/2 feet or so.

Looks to me like they are just naturally aging out, no worries. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4834.JPG
Views:	3260
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	355716Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4823.JPG
Views:	3191
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	355717

Comment

• cyberaktif
                        cyberaktif commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yeah that was what tersky was saying.

• cyberaktif
                        cyberaktif commented
                        Editing a comment
                        have you ever looked at the leaves under a scope to see what those look like?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X