My new babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new babies

All have been treated the same. Seeds had tap roots and were planted on 11/25. coco pellets and coco/perlite in the pot. From left to right 1 Girl Scout Cookies, 2 Black Domina, 2 Blue Monster. Put the seeds (with tap roots) in the expanded pellets, then saturated the medium in the pots. Put it all together the next day (1 blue monster had already sprouted). It was a week before I did anything else because the coco was still moist. Couple days a go I made a 1/4 strength batch of nutes and fed AROUND the seedlings. No significant change in a few days. Girl Scout Cookies was the last to sprout, but has looked the same for three days. The Black Domina on the left is struggling. Just feel like growth is unusually slow. Any thing stand out that I'm doing wrong? How to correct?
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Hello again purpleman Stubbed.

I have grown Paul's GSC and it is one frosty plant, was a easy grow and finished flowering in 53 days with good weight. I am currently growing his Black Domain Fem it had a slow start but I was able to top it at day 14 and has taking off after that.
    looks like things are moving for you just have patience, is this your first coco grow?

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Mr.furley it's my first coco grow. I don't think GSC will make it, but the stem is still green, so who knows.

Morning purpleman wish you luck with that GSC hope she turns around. How's that black cherry punch cure/smoke? Mine are still going wk5 flower got a ways to go. Hmm wonder what the deal is with that GSC?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know. For some reason I haven't had any luck with that strain. The black cherry punch is the BEST smoke I've ever had. Hopefully I'll have 4-5 plants to grow this winter, but next time I buy seeds, I'm buying all black cherry punch. In fact, I probably out to go ahead and buy some just to have. Its super good!

I took 3 clones off that black cherry punch there little ones under CFL for month. I've never grown straight GSC just crosses. iI'm growing Paul's burnt cookie last one other 1 out 3 seeds were male but I new that he only had reg. no fem in this strain but I don't breed seeds don't want males. One BCP has the purps other doesn't and leaves look different also. I'm trying to get back in the saddle again with perpetual growing gonna try and do it indoors till maybe june then place some outdoor for summer. Did'nt have long enough dry warm this past summer I don't expect much change next summer.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey purps, I have some seedlings that are 5 days older than yours, and it's always a slower go for baby plants at this time of year. It just takes a little longer for them to pick up steam.

My grow room is definitely cooler in the winter. I have the heater and the humidifier going right now. It stays around 70 degrees and 45% humidity.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Hey @ SoOrbudgal and @ alltatup and @ Mr.Furley Great news! GSC is starting to grow some little leaves! Since I've never grown with coco before, not sure if everything applies. I'm waiting for the soil to get dry before I feed again but they seem to be crying for food. Do I go ahead and feed again with 1/4 strength nutes, or keep waiting for the top 1" to get dry or pots to get light?
        3 Big Bazooka fem
        3 gal smart pots
        coco/perlite
        8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
        2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

• purpleman
          purpleman commented
          Editing a comment
          good idea. It's probably been 5 days since they had any water/nutes, after their first feeding. They look healthy to me, just light colored.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          They need very little right now, give them about a shot glass of water at a time in a circle around the jiffy cube, alternate water and feeding about every 2 to 3 days. As the leafs start to grow widen your circle till you can water the whole pot, after about a week or so you should be watering the whole pot till you get 10% runoff. From then on out water till run off evertime when the pots have dried out alternating plain pHed water and feeding.

• purpleman
          purpleman commented
          Editing a comment
          Got it. I gave them too much water in the pot. Thanks ya'll! I can't believe GSC is starting to grow. Very slowly, but she's alive!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X