How long should I wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO How long should I wait?

I’m in the middle of bloom week 11 from 12/12 switch 9 1/2 weeks from budletts. My question is how long should I wait until I flush? I’m definitely still seeing new growth on the buds (pics), but my leaf tips are starting to turn brown (I’ve been battling a ph issue falling to below 5 2 days after a res change) and some of the lower canopy is drooping and curling mostly fan leaves. It’s my first grow and I don’t want to miss out on harvest quantity because I’m anxious. The trichomes are all milky now.
    DWC hydroponic system 18”x36”x72” cabinet
    400w single ended hps (veg)
    7’l 3’w 7’h 600w single ended hps (bloom).
    Using advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow A+B and sensi bloom A+B and orca microbes.
    1st grow OG 13 - 2nd grow Durban poison, Cinderella- 3rd currently bloom white fire og- 4th grow currently veg Bruce banner, gorilla glue- seeds on deck super lemon haze.

You still got away to go yet, can't see much in the purple light, though.
    Next chance you get try to take a picture in natural light.
    You want all those red pistils -stigmas to recede back in.
    You can't go by what the seedbanks say about how many weeks ,they grow there's in a almost perfect environment.
    Nebula has got some great tutorials on when to harvest, I don't know how to post links though, wish i did,
    Whatever you do don't harvest early, plus you said it's still growing, just guessing I'd say 3-4 more weeks.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Last week
    Using advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow A+B and sensi bloom A+B and orca microbes.
    1st grow OG 13 - 2nd grow Durban poison, Cinderella- 3rd currently bloom white fire og- 4th grow currently veg Bruce banner, gorilla glue- seeds on deck super lemon haze.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, you can see these better, I'd still say 2-3weeks, if you want laid back smoke.

I would wait until you see a bit of amber on the buds, not the sugar leaves. Hydro is easy to flush and only takes 3-5 days so wait until you have the amount of amber you want then flush. And breeder times are estimations at best. Flowering starts when the first pistols show up, not when you switch 12/12 so expect a couple more weeks. My motto is, when you think it's done, wait a week to harvest. Otherwise you get that paranoid racy high instead of mellow chill high.

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm...a racy high from early harvest. Sounds like a good Saturday night smoke.

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Not necessarily YYCannabis . I have anxiety so it can cause anxiety attacks. It's not the same as a good uplifting sativa. IMO totally different feelings. One is energizing, the other is panic inducing.

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I like a good “smack to the forehead” type of heady buzz on my non-work days. Most of my home renovations happen when my brain is unburdened from logic.

OG is supposed to be a heavy Sativa strain. I’m looking for a good mellow buzz with some pain relief. I don’t want couch lock buzz, I still have to function

Comment

Should I be worried about the leaf tips and yellow spots?

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldnt be. Dont see yellow spots and i usually get a little nute burn on some my leaves.

Looks like nute burn. Have you by chance increase your nute strength recently? It easy to think that more nutes is better. But having too much is not beneficial.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I have been using half the recommended amount of nutrients according to the manufacturer feeding chart. I haven’t increased the nutrients the whole bloom cycle so far. I was actually going to reduce the amount of nutrients next reservoir change, because of the leaf symptoms I’m experiencing.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X