Storage for Coco coir/perlite mixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage for Coco coir/perlite mixture

Hello, this is my first time growing anything if I am being honest. I made the coco/perlite mixture myself. I had some left over so I decided to put it in a container while it was still a little wet so I could use it another day. Is this taboo? Because it was wet when I put it in the container could it get mold? Should I just throw away what I have left over after every batch? I was trying to save money but if storing it this way will cause problems with mold or hurt the plants i will just throw it out.
    Last edited by Ck2019; 12-04-2019, 10:46 AM.

Any advice would be helpful

Comment

Was the container like a pot or just a bin with no drainage holes? If you didnt let it drain and dry then you could have mold. I dont know if it will hurt the plants honestly. You might be able to rinse with h2o2 to kill anything. I use pre-mixed and only take out of the storage bin what i need and never put wet medium back in the container. You can store it in a sealed container when it's dry but i wouldn't when it's wet.
      Last edited by Tersky; 12-04-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

its going to stink after a few days and you going to need to rinse it before using it, its better if you let it dry a few days before closing the lid

Comment

It was in an air tight container. Maybe I will throw it away this time around and make sure it dries next time. Thank you so much.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            there is absolutely no reason to waste, you can always give it a little rinse and let it dry before storing

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X