What constitutes growing difficulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What constitutes growing difficulty?

I see it in online seed shops. What makes one plant harder to grow than the other? I want to buy a hard difficulty strain just to see what it's about as I've only grown easy difficulty stuff so far.

More sensitive to its environment.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Would it be interesting to find that what you think is an easy grow is actually on the hard list? There is an odd sociology study with blindfolded test subjects telling them the material they are going to feel is hot, not burning but hot, and of course the ice cube they are handed is too hot to hold, based on the pre-conceived idea.

I kept telling my kids riding a two wheeler was so simple, piece of cake..now 40 yrs later they drive with a lead foot 😁

Comment

Some strains are more resistant to pests, and mold etc. That certainly plays a part. In addition grow duration has significant impact on difficulty. If the flowering stage is longer their is more opportunity for something to go wrong before harvest.

Comment

I dont even look at the difficulty level. I've had some plants that were annoying to grow but never had one hard to grow. By annoying I mean it wants just so much water, nutrients, light, and air flow. If you watch the plant other than being needy I dont think any are hard to grow.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you Spidermite , I've had some hardheaded, plants myself, but I got a hardhead, too, so I'm often told.
            Never had a difficult one though, they all grow a little different, even supposedly same strains, when it comes to watering and lights and such.
            I might get my butt kicked, but ain't no plant gonna kick it, lol
            Have a great day.

Sorry I just assumed you are growing inside. Outside some plants will just not be possible to grow in your environment. We have a very long growing season here so we are lucky. However we have days that hit 105 plus degrees and weeks at 90 to 100% humidity. Many plants cant handle the heat or the humidity.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Biggest growing difficulty....for me it's the damn stairs up and down to my grow room. Dumb split level !

Comment

That is so right. My DWC in the warehouse had me carrying up 15-20 gallons of water up 15 steps to the top level to fill or flush the reservoir every week. Siphoning was easy but refilling it sucked. Closest water was on the opposite side of the building over 200’

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X