Help!! Potassium deficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! Potassium deficiency

Can any one help me identafy this deficiency or if it even is one I think it is a potassium deficiency by going off the GWE diagnose sick plants method but would like sum info on what it is and how to fix it befor things get to bad as it is i should of acted sooner so any help would be great thanks

I don't think it is potassium deficiency. The tip usually starts burning with leaves turning yellow. My seedling recently just experienced it.(I think). You can check that post.
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

Comment

Could be a root or ph issue.

Comment

I feed all 4 my plants the same but it's only happening to 2 of them also a few of the bottom leafs are turning yellow like wen you flush at the end of flower, do you think stress would have anything to do with what's going on maybe? My plants got real thirsty, droopy and stressed just befor I noticed the problem, I can take more photos wen I get home of the yellowing but this is how thirsty they got for now im just gona check the run offs ph

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Yikes! That is some major droop! I'm gonna be honest. I have never seen a plant droop that much. Ive seen drooply leaves and i had a plant with weak stems that actually drooped a lot when the buds got heavy, but not like this. It could be a root issue but that is more a blanket diagnosis. You said you plant got really thirsty, what do you mean by that? Are the pots drying out in a day? What is your medium? Fabric or plastic pots? How often do you water? Do you use nutes?

Na I was away for the weekend and couldnt water them thats why the droopy/thirsty plants but my medium is coco/perlite, fabric pots, I use flora trio with calimagic and I feed every night just after lights on, currently on day1 week2 flower, with the Brown spots im starting to lean towards magnesium or calcium deficancy one of the 2 I can't remember now haha iv read them types of deficiency will show up if the ph is consistently under 6.1 which sounds about right as I have been trying to get as close to 5.8 as I can which I am now going to stop and let my ph fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5 like I was doing befor I got my new ph pen. Also am I wrong to be watering every day in coco?? I have read on the coco for cannabis web site that coco has high frequency fertigation wen you have time check it out if you have not allready I thort it was good info and changed my out look on watering coco thanks again

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          I feed with every water and water until 20% runoff. Then i wait until pot is dry and light then i water again. Early on that could be a week and right now it's every 2-3 days. I read about high frequency fertigation and personally i disagree. Plants do better in my experience when you let them get dry. I have a couple theories on this. One, when the pot drys the roots have to search for more water therefore allowing the roots to stretch out more and bigger roots = bigger fruits. Second, by allowing the pot to dry you are allowing it to breathe as it the roots are not not sitting in water. It is also easier for issues with ph or root rot to develop in constantly wet environment. Thats why in hydro i have to check my dwc res daily for ph and have to add a root inoculation to prevent root rot. In coco i have found the "water when it needs it" to be way more effective and have less chance for issues to pop up.

It looks like it could be chronic underwatering. I have lost plants before being scared to overwater them combined with really low humidity and within a couple of days they go from looking fine to a little droopy to looking like the plant in your picture. I lost 2/5 plants at the time, they were doing ok and growing then suddenly stalled out and started wilting, they never changed color or anything they just kept on slowly drooping towards the floor and I gave up on them. I'm pretty sure all they needed was much more water than I was giving them. I started watering the others with 3-5x as much water as before and they all started growing like the proverbial weed.

Comment

• boed
          boed commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate

I also water until have 15 to 20% run off, my plants are at the stage wer they need that much water also i dont live at the same house as my plants they at my mums so at the moment wen i go there to water every night just after 6pm (lights on) the top of the coco has changed colour wich indicates its drying out but still holding moisture and the pots are a lot lighter to pick up aswell, yes Tersky you make some good points about why you don't do high fertigation and makes sense I remember reading some ware that you should wait for your plants to tell you wen to water I didn't really understand at the time but do now haha, So I ended up flushing both king tuts then gave fresh neuts the ph was around 6.2 I think can't remember I have it written in my journal. Here are a few pics from wen I was flushing last night and thanks for all the help

Comment

What is your issue? I see that often here

Comment

They look pretty good, alittle nute burn you did right flush. I'd rather have nute tips burn than under feeding.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X