Thrips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrips?

Wondering if any of you guys have experience with thrips and what they look like? I’m confused I think this is thrips but there is no leaf damage? I have been spraying with neem and spinosad also some lavender tea but I still keep seeing these walking around on the outside of my pot also sometimes on the inside of the pot (fabric pot by the way). Maybe they like the fabric pot? Maybe I’m not seeing damage because I have been spraying? Anyways here is a couple pics. If it’s not thrips what can they be?
    Attached Files

They look lot like thrips, baby thrips!
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

Comment

Anybody else have an idea?

Comment

Looks like thrips to me too, pics appear to be at least 2 or possibly 3 life stages of thrips.

Check the bottom sides of lower leaves and look for what appears to be cluster of small black spots (looks like pepper). That’s a thrip bathroom...spots are clusters of poo. Pluck those leaves and have a very very close look at the leaf underside. In my singular experience with thrips, they were almost always alongside the veins in the leaf.

Depending on what stage of growth your plants are, veg/flower, early/late stages, you could possibly ride it out if you only have a couple of weeks left before harvest.

If you are spraying for pests, try to avoid your flower buds. Another option is to buy some predatory mites that will kill the thrips. The process takes weeks, but there is no residue to worry about getting onto your herb. Bright yellow sticky bug traps work for catching the small, flying adult thrips.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

YYCannabis my main issue is I’m not seeing any leaf damage or poop also I put a white paper under the leafs and shake and nothing falls on them. I sprayed today again and I saw them hiding maybe about 6 or more behind the tags of my fabric pots. I’m sure they were trying to stay dry but I got the lil fuckers. So that’s my problem they are there but how are they still coming back when they need foliage to lay eggs and survive? Hopefully this is the last of them.

Comment

The thing that usually catches my eye when I get Thrips is the glossy sheen on the top of the leaves. I don't think what you have is Thrips. I can't tell you what it is. This is what I use to kill about everything that invades my tent.

Comment

As kingfish said, they might not be thrips. I don’t know if anybody here is a critter expert to correctly identify the bugs, and who knows what other mites might be hanging around your plants that are not harmful.

If they are thrips, and your not seeing any adults with wings, then you are winning the battle. Keep on with your routine for trying to get rid of them until the battle is won 👍

Comment

Google flea . Image. Have any pets ?
                Focus and relativity.

Comment

Thanks guys I really do appreciate the replies. I have no pets, and I have some of that spinosad which took care of my thrips problem once before but the problem is, that last time I just saw the damage on my foliage this time around I kept a close eye on my garden so I caught them before any leaf damage now I have to ID the pest because I’m not seeing the tell tell damage of any pest except I think I’ve burned my leafs with treatments take a look

Comment

Quick update just incase someone has a similar issue. It’s called booklice not a threat to our plants, definitely not thrips.

Comment

That’s good news... I guess. 👍

Comment

YYCannabis hell yeah it is. now I can put my ladies to flower. After checking my soil I have beneficials in there so no worries for ladies when they start to flower knock on wood.. 👍🏻

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X