Oregonians, i'm heading your way!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregonians, i'm heading your way!!!

I have a dear friend who has property near Mt. Hood and she's going to let me build a tiny house on her property. All I need is a space to grow in, so maybe around a 700 sq ft. tiny house.

So I want to make this happen within 2 years. I have to let this sink in, but I find it very hard to imagine what it will be like to be legal!!! And just watch: as soon as I leave the Dirty South, Cannabis will become legalized and everyone will become progressive!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

You one lucky woman.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel blessed for sure.

I didn’t know you were down south, too, atu. Sucks being an outlaw, eh?
    Congrats on the opportunity, btw. I look forward to hearing more about your space.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been ok with being an outlaw, but I've been saying for 11 years that things will change in 5 years, and the dirty south keeps draggin its ignorant heels. Yeah, it won't be a bad thing to grow legally...

Neighbor! We'll have to smoke one someday soon.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      As well as I would be honored to light one up with you. I am truly excited for you alltatup ,Oregon is beautiful, Mount Hood, Gov. Camp, the Gorge, Voodoo Donuts in Portland great place, I've been threatening myself with a good time a while now.
      Keep me posted.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley Are you outside of OR or in another city? I went to Portland 3 or 4 times to visit my bro. I wouldn't want to live in the city proper...

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I am outside of OR. but do visit often. I have friends in Gov camp, spent a good amount of time skiing some years ago at ski bowl, Timberline, Hood Meadows, Got family in Bend so it's a visiting place for me.
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-01-2019, 04:17 PM.

Tat! Oregon would LOVE to have you.

Hi to everyone, I know it's been a very long while since I've shared. Work has been crazy busy, and I am still working my way through a tote bin of last year's out door grow, so I shut down the gher. But it's going to be a long winter, so I'm reading up and soaking some seeds now.

But THAT is what is best about Oregon, and letting it all hang out. 4 plants in your Oregon back yard can easily grow you several pounds of legal, delishus, sticky sticky buds. You gotta stop by on your way through. You may decide Southern Oregon is way more fun.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      DingusKhan What exactly is Southern OR and how is it different from Portland area? My brother lived in Portland and I visited him 3 or 4 times, so I got a little feel for Portland culture. But just a little.

What's the So. OR culture like, how is it unique???

SoOrbudgal you should chime in here, too.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me start by saying that I LOVE it here, and I am so thankful that I happened upon the sweet spot in this disintegrating nation. But like many states that have become known for progressive culture, Oregon has been painted with a broad brush, and mischaracterized as universally liberal, enlightened, etc etc. But Southern Oregon is rural, conservative, and a little, shall we say, "appalachian" in places.

Roseburg is the seat of Douglas county, named for the Stephen A. Douglas, who debated against Abraham Lincoln to protect state's rights to own slaves. We're also in "the state of Jefferson", named Jefferson Davis, the president of the Confederacy. In other words, Southern Oregon is "the other Oregon". There is measurable illiteracy here, and I know more than one person whose parents are siblings (no, really). I call it the Florida of the North West.

Having said that, the distinction between "republican" and "libertarian" is very strong here. The "conservatives" are not exactly like the presentation they get on the news. For example, republicans are typically considered as hostile towards gay people. Not so here. Libertarians seem to try to live out the belief that everyone should have the freedom to live as they choose, including gay people.

But what that really means is that "different" people really can find their place here. Rednecks, hippies, homos, artists, and republicans find a place to "be", elbow to elbow with their opposites, in a way that is unique to anywhere else I've ever lived.

And like Mt Hood, it's stunningly beautiful. You really have to see it for yourself. It's special. You should come visit.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      DingusKhan I did know that there are various conservative parts of Oregon; really that culture is alive and well everywhere in the nation. But I've lived most of the last 30 years of my life in ultra-conservative regions, and I've had enough of it. I knew some libertarians in TX, kind of a monstrous mixture of old hippie and conservative, like Frankenstein's beast.

But you describe something unique, somewhat unimaginable to me at this point, that kind of mutual tolerance.

What great news hurrrraahhh sister I really look forward to driving up to your new digs when it happens. You will enjoy all the seasons eagles, elk, lots of deer and Mt. Hood is just beautiful. I'm so excited for you alltatup tiny homes are up my ally Portland has great tiny builders. Oh man this is great
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was looking at tiny houses today. I'll keep growing hydroponically, so I reckon I'll need a small--not a tiny--house. Like <800 ft.

Please PM me with good builders. I sure appreciate it.

How cool is this!!! I already have some pals in OR!! It actually brings a little tear to the corner of my eye....

How cool it would be to find the central-most place to where we all live and meet up. And smoke in liberty and Cannabis justice for all Oregonians.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Count me in. Only few things I know about Oregon is the Roloff Pumpkin Farm from the TV show, Little People Big World and you pass thru it from California to Alaska !
      Some of those tiny houses can be made with "push out" and "raise the roof" crank out options that still keep its footprint small yet off the flexibility of the larger spaces when you need it, reel it back in when you don't.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall You are most definitely invited to the Middle of Oregon SmokeOut!!!!!

I sure hope you can alltaup, we'd go to all the weed festivals take turns being a driver LOL just kidding. But the farmers markets, music festivals ( Ashland is great for music) Brit festivals

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi SoOrbudgal, I'm in Roseburg, and we have a small, but growing weed festival in the summer! Where are you?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Talk about a small world, huh?

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Neighbors? I would be shocked to see one of our folks here living around the corner from me

DingusKhan Hi i'm up the North Umpqua near Whistlers Park. The music festival on North Bank ? I couldn't attend to close to home small town LOL but i'll be retired after Dec. so no more " worry ".

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Budgal, I’m so excited for you to retire! I’m only 35, but I’m ready lol. This coming year is going to be a good one for you, I just know it. Enjoy your break. You’ve no doubt earned it!

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I get it. I too kept under the radar, professionally. Until I decided not to, since I'm the next best thing to retired: self employed. And you ain't kiddin' about the small town!

But like I was saying to alltatup, the coolest thing about this part of Oregon is the freedom to really be yourself. This really is going to be a great place to be retired.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      There's actually a HempFest in Oakland (just north of Roseburg) every summer, in July, I think. It's still kinda small, and needs help getting of the ground.

If you're free to meet up, my wife Wendy and I like to go to Old99 Brewery on Fridays after work, Burgers and Q truck will be there, 2 of our Roseburg faves.

I wish you the best alltatupas soon as our court case is over I'm leaving the bible belt. I'm by no means a liberal but Im not conservative either. I believe the government should just leave us alone unless we are hurting people.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Obi-Wan
      Obi-Wan commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts exactly

Hey LuckyAcres are you still here?
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey buddy, it’s been a while, had to think a min about my login info! Yeah man I’m still around, on instagram mostly these days but not even that much really. Been busy wasting my time trying to work in the rec industry. How about you man? Still down south?

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still here, bruh, loving the Southerness! Still crazy busy at work (not complaining), and retirement is nowhere near in sight, but we're livin' the dream!

alltatup Hey, here’s a thought.... we ALL move to Oregon.... there’s 3300 people using the forum. We each chip in $300 and buy a $1million dollar piece of land, everyone changes their last name to Canna ( just in case the county bitches about it, we’re all 1 big family) .... I know they’ve tried this before in places but we have no leader so it could work

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall I'll change my first name to Eubetteye

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X