MrBlu first grow, journal #1 - G13, Viparspectra LED, soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MrBlu first grow, journal #1 - G13, Viparspectra LED, soil

This is my first grow, and i was super excited. At the time of posting, this current grow is coming to an end and my harvest is hanging to dry at the moment. This was a learning experience that i took a lot away from for future grows. Before discovering GWE I had began keeping a grow journal for my own record keeping, now i can share my experience with everyone. i did A Lot of research going into this, huge thanks to GWE, and hope that my journal can help others in future grows so here we go.

Strain: G13 (clone, original seed bank/breeder unknown)
    Grow medium: Miracle grow moister control w/time release base nutrients (not my first choice but it was free)
    Light: Viparspectra V450 LED (200 watts actual) + ABI 660nm 24watt (24 watt actual) added for extra red during flower
    Start: clone clipped aprox 7/25/2019 ( about 8 weeks in veg) | Harvest 11/26/2019 ( about 9 weeks in flower)
    Final yield: [0.49 gram/watt] 98.6 grams dry + 18.4 grams high quality trim (tiny nugs I didn't deem worthy of the jar mostly and sugar leaves)
    Full Grow album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9ABi4y127NB3VHwU8

i randomly received a clone from a friend and had absolutely nothing in the way of equipment. for about the first 2 weeks of its life it was out doors. natural sun light for about 15hr a day. irregular watering by rain and un-pH straight out the tap water

8/11 - purchased a 2x2x4 tent, viparspectra v300 LED. Light: 17/7 @ 24", avg temp 88 F. begin LST. 8/14 - 8/21 - light: 18/6 @ 20", acg temp 85 F. while continuing LST i put an accidental kink in the main stem. my first thought was i just killed my plant. dug around GWE and decided to leave it be and it should recover. watering when needed using un-Ph tap water. plant is healthy and new growths forming.

8/23 - 8/28 - light: 18/6 @ 22", avg temp 85 F, watering as need now with proper pH and de-chlorinated my tap water + Fox Farm grow big and big bloom. installed a vivosun 4" exhaust fan on 8/25. continue LST. over all plant health is great and growing well.

9/1 - 9/20 - Light: 18/6 @ 18", avg temp 80 F. pH water about every other day with nutrients every third watering at half strength. upgraded to a 2x4x5 tent with a viparspectra v450. plant is growing extensively and very healthy. did some defoliation to open light into the center of the canopy. continuing LST to form MANY future flower sites. had a great idea for a DIY smart/air pot, i drilled a bunch of holes all through out the side of my pot and then got XL black pantyhose stretched over the sides so there would be no light on the roots but oxygen could still go through.

9/21-9/28 - light: slowly decreasing light down to 12/12 also installed ABI 660nm for the first and last 3hr of light cycle, continued watering about every other day with nutrients every third watering, avg temp 78 F. installed carbon filter. 12/12 light cycle began 9/29.

9/30 - 10/18 - light 12/12 @ 18" , avg temp 80 F, avg RH 40%. can really see the flower sites forming up nicely. flowering stretch was very minor for me, i prepared myself for much more. this has been an amazing grow so far. i made a prediction at this point of 2.8oz of flower and 0.8oz of trim, a shot in dark but gave me even more to look forward to at harvest. i felt very fortunate that this grow had gone exceptionally smooth so far........
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191019_135138264.jpg Views:	34 Size:	4.11 MB ID:	353532Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191025_111019623.jpg Views:	38 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	353533

10/19 - started noticing very minor burnt and yellowing leaf tips at varying places through out the plant. i had been experimenting with the placement and focusing the 660nm on different bud sites at slightly closer distances. my first thought was light damage so i re-positioned it to an optimal coverage at a greater height. after several days it was only getting worse. next i thought maybe nutrient burn so i reduced to 1/4 strength. still no improvement. i was finally able to narrow it down to potassium deficiency. i upped nutrients to full strength with some extra myco potash tea ( instant add to water packet from a local shop ) also got some myco packets, filled with different little grannuals. the packet its self is supposed to be added at transplant just beneath the roots, i used it as a top dressing gently mixed it into the soil at least an inch maybe 2. problem solved. now i play the wait game before harvest.

trichomes 11/09
    Trichomes on 11/9
    11/14
    Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20191114_16_21_06_Pro.jpg Views:	32 Size:	164.6 KB ID:	353535
    11/25
    Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20191125_10_27_27_Pro.jpg Views:	32 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	353536
    began flushing on 11/14 watering every other day and using FF sledgehammer every third watering and the final watering on 11/24. over all temp has been around 75 F with an RH around 35% the last couple of weeks. 11/25 began my 24hr dark period. 11/26 finally harvest day has come! my what a sight dense nugs at a respectable size and lots of them.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191125_113550419.jpg Views:	35 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	353537Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191125_113640010.jpg Views:	29 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	353538Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191126_205503.jpg Views:	31 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	353540
    that brings us to today. been hanging in my tent for 3 days keeping the temp at about 75 F and the avg RH about 50%. sweet but earthy lemony smell. few more days and should be ready to get the final weigh in and into the jars they go. ill keep you all posted. any and all questions or comments about what i did so far are welcome and appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mrblu; 12-03-2019, 01:20 PM. Reason: added link to full grow album
    *4x2x6 for veg with HLG65 4000k x3
    ​​​​*2x2x4 for mothers with HLG65 [van helsing, master breath, white mo, pineapple express]
    *custom 4x4 closet for flower with HLG260 + 4' T5 (x4) - agromax bloom led x2 + agromax 6400k florescent x2 {440watt totall}
    *8 site clone bucket with 20w cfl
    You never know when you might need a little C4

Very nice grow
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Mrblu
      Mrblu commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much

Nice nugs bro. Way to go. Did you lower the temp at night during flower? When you hung the plant up did you have the fans running at that time? What about the lights, did you dry in the dark? Could not load the firsrt few images but the trimming method was impressive. How did you get so many colas?
    Last edited by StickFigureLover; 11-30-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Mrblu
      Mrblu commented
      Editing a comment
      the tent was in my bedroom so night temps were not really cooler than during the day close to room temp 72-75 F. no fans running at all for drying. its winter here and humidity is pretty low about 35% in the room using a humidifier to hover around 50% . drying in the dark. trimmed wet, used bonsai pruner shear i found on amazon and it worked impressively well trimmed the whole plant and only need to swap out once. i used extensive LST in what i am calling potsai lol. all i did was keep a nice level cannopy. no lollipoping, no topping, i did defoliate several times. i kept the canopy as low as possible, it was probably 3ft or so if it grew straight up. the entire grow album on google photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/g21THvb8KuinJgQ97
      Last edited by Mrblu; 11-30-2019, 01:31 PM.

Beautiful plant, great job. What you growing next?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Mrblu
      Mrblu commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much. 7 plant 5 strain photos..... journal coming soon. Going great so far

Time to jar it all up. struggled with humidity the last couple of days. humidifier would make it to high if i ran it constantly, close to 70%, off it was between 40-45%. i would run it for a bit and then turn it off and close up the tent with the higher humidity then let it slowly drop down - repeat. dried a little quick but not brittle. the small stems never did snap but the outsides of the buds were dry but not crispy. i think i cut the stems too long for my environment while hanging. sampled and it is actually quite nice. ever so slightly harsh in the back of the throat but not displeasing, ash burns to white. does not crumble but can break apart flower. flavor is high in lemon with earthyness and a note of pepper. potency feels high 90% head with 10% body if i had to put numbers on it. i smoke daily and would consider myself high tolerance, smoking about 0.2g and i am satisfied. i have 1oz per 32oz mason jar currently with 1) 8g - 62% boveda humidi pack per jar to help help add back some moister for cure. this grow has far exceeded my expectations. with all the information on GWE web and the forum i found it to be a very smooth grow and cant wait to keep it going.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191130_203349.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	354347Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191201_111833.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	354348
    *4x2x6 for veg with HLG65 4000k x3
    ​​​​*2x2x4 for mothers with HLG65 [van helsing, master breath, white mo, pineapple express]
    *custom 4x4 closet for flower with HLG260 + 4' T5 (x4) - agromax bloom led x2 + agromax 6400k florescent x2 {440watt totall}
    *8 site clone bucket with 20w cfl
    You never know when you might need a little C4

Comment

Nice grow man

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X