TINCTURES and VAPES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TINCTURES and VAPES

I'm having trouble getting my head around a question that may have an obvious answer but here goes: i understand that I can use the residue after I vape my bud at 220 degrees to make a tincture but if I'm getting a buzz from vaping (i.e. from burning up the THC) then why is there THC left in the residue I would then presumably use for the tincture? Can anyone enlighten me?

At that temperature you are not "burning off" all of what you are thinking.

Decarboxylation of THCA has a time and temperature range need the covert to THC not to mention the other cannabinoids, 220f is on the low end of decarboxylation, beside what you are vaping at that temperature there is a whole world of other cannabinoids that have not reached their boiling point or have just be converted to another form.

Delta 9 THC boiling point is 311f
    Delta 8 THC Boiling point is 347f

so if you are not reaching those temperature you are not expelling all of Your Thc not to mention the other cannabinoids and terpenes that remain for your alcohol extraction to grab.

I just throw away my ABV bud and use top shelf nugs for tincture.

Do you know for a fact that your vape pen works at 220f?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Or are we talking Celsius?

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Must be, because that’s right around 430. I can’t imagine anyone only vaping at 220F. I wouldn’t even get high. Nice terps, I’m sure though.

• StickFigureLover
      StickFigureLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey mr furley that abv still has cannabanoids in it. You can throw it into some olive oil or even high proof alcohol and after it sits at room temp. For about three to four weeks it will be infused. Give it a shake occasionally. Or in a faster way you can nix it into some coconut oil and heat it covered in an oven. Probably neither are as strong as your top shelf nug tincture though.

Mr.furley and s62, thanks for your comments...quite right, I'm vaping at 220 Celsius and pretty sure on the accuracy...if I understand you, mr.furley, I'm only vapourizing a part of the thc at 220 C. ?

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, my brother-in-law makes tincture from his ABV (as well as good bud sometimes, though he doesn’t mix them as far as I know). I’m kinda with Mr.furley however. I save my abv, but so far i haven’t used any. I prefer not to. However, I can’t in good conscience throw away THC, so I don’t toss mine. I’ve got jars full of the stuff.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      s62
      My thought on it is I have spent most of what I need, I do not save ABV and/or scrap resin anymore. I want the best it can provide me without leftovers. At the end of the day, in a legal state or not the fuzz does not care that it resin or new bud, they weight the plant in the pot after you have watered and give it a street value so the less I keep around the more compliant I am. The laws I must follow are ridiculous at best and do not match what the plants are capable of so having a burnt surplus isn't in my interest.

I have I friend that I had to tell "It just gets stupid" After blowing off some spilled dry ice hash "to the ganja gods" from the table cloth, they looked like I just made Gold disappear. I'm not wasteful, just don't smoke/use/reclam spent dirty weed any more because I don't have to, there was a day I would pick rocks out of the carpet a long time ago just not any more.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley my kind of thinking. Extremely well put. You’re producing the best product you can so why not enjoy it whenever you can. If you’re paying $300-$400 an ounce there is more logic to the ‘ recycling ‘ effort. But folks here are a different breed

Depending on your type of vaporizer the brown stuff that you are able to scrape out of the air/vapor path is like pure thc. If your vape is burning the plant material that stuff would instead look black and have a tar consistency. Helps to warm the vape up a little before cleaning. Isopropyl alcohol helps to clean out various tubes and screens. Just make sure to keep it away from any electrical components!

Comment

I used to give my ABV to my daughter and she made muffins with them. She said it got her high as hell. But I never smoked it. I've heard that it tastes like shite.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        That sucks. No one likes being there! May you have some green fortune soon!

• duckman
        duckman commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks, @s62...there's some OG Kush riding to the rescue, don't worry 'bout me none

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel your pain duckman and at some point here real soon You will be back in that happy place and will help!

to put another spin on my original post...what's the difference between ABV weed and weed that has been decarboxylated?

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        ABV is like weed that you over-decarbed. There’s still some cannabinoids that weren’t cooked off, but most off the good stuff is sadly gone.

• duckman
        duckman commented
        Editing a comment
        jeez...that's harsh, s62, but it sounds about right ...many thanks to you as well as Mr.furley and many others, too

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X