• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stigma at day 16? Too late to top?

Click image for larger version

Name:	D8EF3F7A-4620-4CBC-B78A-0F5662672BD4.jpeg
Views:	447
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	353486So my new round of autos are on day 16, and a couple of them are already showing stigma! They’re on node 5 (barely). It seems like the perfect time to top, but I’m nervous about topping with stigma already showing. There’s only a handful, but I don’t want to stunt my plants. Am I better off just letting them grow their own way?
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

I grew an auto that looked a lot like yours. The nodes were very closely spaced and the branches got stiff really quick. Wasn't one of my best grows. I been meaning to look up info on auto's . https://www.growweedeasy.com/can-you...wering-strains
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I’ve read that article a dozen times at least, lol. I consult it EVERY time I insider topping an auto. What can I say, it’s comforting! Anyhow, unfortunately it doesn’t address this specific concern. I hope this grow ends up better than my last.

Anyone else know? I don’t think I have much time to make a decision.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I am not a pro with autos, but NebulaHaze says "Yes, you can top auto-flowering plants that are growing fast and healthy as long as they haven’t started making buds yet. I top auto-flowering plants around week 3. If it hasn’t grown at least 4-5 nodes (pairs of “real” leaves) by the end of week 3, it may not be growing fast enough to handle topping without getting stunted. Read on to learn more!" From this I'd say yes go for it.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        What the hell you have some others coming along anway. Shoot the moon!

You can always, just bend her over. And get lots of budsites, that way.
      Its not advised to top autos when pistils, are showing, it stunts the hell out of them.
      They stay extremely short, and look pitiful, at least mine do, lol
      Good Luck 62.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I was worried about. I may just stick with LST.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 62, I think youll come out alot better with Lst, like you said.
        You want have no trouble topping, but quick flowering autos, like yours, don't yield, much at all.
        I been getting alot of those quick flowering autos lately too, and they don't get very big, I like em to at least veg, 25-35days, before showing pistils -stigmas. then you'll have a nice big harvest .
        Your going to do fine whatever you decide.
        HappyGrowing 62.

I really cant comment. I top everything. And I've never had issues with plants having issues.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

"and a couple of them are already showing stigma!" This is a perfect opportunity for a controlled experiment. You say you have two plants exhibiting stigma at this early date. Top one, and let the other one go. @D.A.S.S.69 is correct autos don't yield a lot, but at this very early stage of flowering you might be rewarded with twice as much flower from a topped plant. Go ahead and throw the dice, and let us know the result.

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          By the way great pic once again.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X