Pet-proofing a grow tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet-proofing a grow tent?

We're going to be taking in a friend's cat for three weeks or so in January, and I realized that I'm going to need to figure out what to do with my tent. Presently it's in a corner of the dining room, with a perpetually-open apartment window (and tent flap open during lights-on) being pretty much the only source of ventilation/cooling. I can move everything into my bedroom, but it's complicated...I have two plants in active flower and to move the tent I'll have to break everything down. Tthe only wall I can put the tent against also has the radiator there and I don't think my door closes fully so the cat might be able to get in. The absolute last thing we want is for a not-ours cat to get into my plants and something happen. I can post a few pics of my current setup tomorrow.

Normally, the cat has the run of an entire house, so being stuffed into a 1000-sf apartment will be interesting. Don't know the owner's views on pet CBD so we'll probably buy some mass-market herbal calming chews and hope they can mellow her out.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Our cat is absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever allowed anywhere near the room that houses the tent. Cats like to eat weed, shit, piss & dig in soil and would love to claw and climb on your tent leaving it full of holes. I would do whatever it takes to be absolutely certain that the cat will never be allowed to have access to the area with the tent, even for a moment. Cats are fast and could be in the room and on top of your tent in a flash, leaving holes all along the way and most likely going to leave many more trying to avoid capture. It's also very hard to keep hair out of the tent and off the plants/buds even with a no pets in the room policy.

Comment

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      I pick dog hair out of my buds all the time! How they get in my tent i don't know!

My pets could care less about the plants..dont seem to have an interest. I have heard of cats and dogs eating plants.... Maybe get some good Catnip..even some cat grass.(just keep kitty wacked out lol) I just cut wild stuff when i find it...much more potent than store bought. Whenever i give it to the cat, the dogs wont leave my side till they get a pinch...weirdos.!
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      Years ago i had a pitbull named Eddie he was a great dog, but if you rolled a joint or had any bud and left it anywhere he could reach it he would eat it! Many times i rolled one went to the kitchen, washroom or whatever it would be missing. Then i thought i just rolled one didn't I ? Or wow im out of it, but one time i came home after going to a "friends" and placed a 5ver (5grams) of gold seal hash or red seal (thats what it was in the day) on the coffee table and said to the gf check this out. Cracked a beer and came back it was missing! Looked at the dog and he was chewing i wrestled him till i got it back LOL

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      lol SmashGuitar i had a German shepherd eat 1/4 oz of black hash......pissed me off but i felt bad. she was really stoned for like five hours.

I have a cat and she has never gone into my tent - portal on one side is wide open and an easy entrance - let around rip around it or on it causing numerous holes. She has her own green stuff - catnip.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Mine has no interest in the tent when I go into that room, so might be a non issue or could be absolute nightmare depending on the cat. Ideally would be to move it to a room the cute furball doesn't have access to.

Comment

We can certainly buy a tub of cat grass (dunno if I'll have enough time to plant/sprout catnip seeds in the tent) as a distraction...friend doesn't grow or even use so I don't know how the cat will react around weed or even if she likes chewing on plants to begin with. Either way I'm leery of the idea of her possibly jumping on the tent to get to the window, so into my room it goes (assuming the door latches properly or I can somehow block it).
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X