Balancing recreational use and fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balancing recreational use and fitness

I too, am returning to cannabis after my career years. I am just now getting reacquainted with what's available. I prefer Sativa strains. I'm still learning how the industry has evolved during my absence.

A funny thing happened while I was gainfully employed - I learned about endorphins and how they contribute to our well-being. Now, one of my goals is to balance my workouts with my "veg time". Do any of you partake of fitness? How and how do you create your balance?
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

That's funny you ask. If you are familiar with Brazilian Jujitsu there is actually a large number of competitions where you smoke a joint before a match. It is really fun. BJJ is also one of the most physically demanding sports. These guys are beyond fit to the extreme. Now days I might make 1 3 minute round. Then I'd lay in bed a few days.

But there are no negatives to physical fitness ive found especially for using without smoking. I made one of my best lifts back in the day really high. Sorry in a power lifting contest. I'm still really fit but not like when young.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Find an activity that is enjoyable after a puff. For me it's usually taking my dogs out and putting on some miles walking, skiing, or snowshoeing.

I do sports for exercise too, like hockey. I've never been a fan of exercising just for the sake of exercise.(Running on a treadmill, etc) It should be enjoyable even before the endorphins kick in...

Comment

I was thinking about this thread after taking a big rip off my dab pen and was walking in to the fitness center.

Going to the Gym doesn't interfere with my weed smoking.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I run/walk and have weight lifting routines. Weed saps my motivation, so I must take care of business first.
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• WizardsNThings
            WizardsNThings commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. I'm a runner and winter lifter, and cannot lift before. Saps motivation and makes run seem like they are lasting an eternity which is not needed on 8-10 mile runs.

My dog deviously devises ways to get me to walk, throw the ball or other activities. Hiking, fishing, or work itself all keep me fit.
          In my youth all activities were fair game while under the influence. Downhill , mogul skiing, dirt bike racing. Yes, I should be dead or badly injured but instead just good memories.

Comment

I try to include it with most of my physical activities..Walk the dogs 2.5 miles..smoke a joint, rake the leaves, smoke a joint. shovel snow, smoke a joint. fishing, smoke a joint..thinking about any of the above, smoke a joint... shit- maybe i should be less active?..or switch to indica.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Northernbud
              Northernbud commented
              Editing a comment
              Love fishing with a good smoke. Some of my best fishing moments are a calm misty morning and a fat joint....

I reallly love doing yoga, cardio, and resistence training on edibles. Or if I’m under a time crunch then I will settle for a quick bowl. It makes moving easier!

one thing I like bout edibles is that it hits me slower and therefore sometime in my workout I start feeling the weed. It’s really nice, it also kinda combats the lack of motivation that can happen.

Comment

I reallly love doing yoga, cardio, and resistence training on edibles. Or if I’m under a time crunch then I will settle for a quick bowl. It makes moving easier!

one thing I like bout edibles is that it hits me slower and therefore sometime in my workout I start feeling the weed. It’s really nice, it also kinda combats the lack of motivation that can happen.

Comment

I get all the exercise I need, dragging deer out of the woods, it's ruff work, I promise you.
                Stopping about every 75-100yards for smoke breaks, of the good stuff.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

I prefer the endorphins, and leave out the weed. Just call me a heretic! https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-...ur-endorphins/

Comment

Originally posted by starramus View Post
                  I prefer the endorphins, and leave out the weed. Just call me a heretic! https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-...ur-endorphins/
                  Absolutely nothing wrong with that, I totally get it. I suspect we are alike in that regard. There's a time and a place for working out and ditto for the recreation. I think you provided the answer I was looking for - Thank you!

Comment

• Spidermite
                    Spidermite commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I get my endorphins by hurting people who need to be hurt. But then again thats a whole other post on a different site.

Im surprised more people dont look at me funny when im walking around the gym with stoney red eyes. On a serious note, if you know what you’re doing I know for a fact smoking doesn’t have to impede with fitness.
                  Keep to yourself with some headphones. You will get lost in the workout and focus will be sublime. Just dont get lost in the music staring at a wall for too long!
                  Once you work up a sweat the high feels... different. In a good way!

The only concern is balance! If you put more effort into smoking fitness will degrade. So dont lie to yourself. Train hard, smoke hard.
                  goodluck!
                  Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Comment

Originally posted by yellow View Post
                    Im surprised more people dont look at me funny when im walking around the gym with stoney red eyes. On a serious note, if you know what you’re doing I know for a fact smoking doesn’t have to impede with fitness.
                    Keep to yourself with some headphones. You will get lost in the workout and focus will be sublime. Just dont get lost in the music staring at a wall for too long!
                    Once you work up a sweat the high feels... different. In a good way!

The only concern is balance! If you put more effort into smoking fitness will degrade. So dont lie to yourself. Train hard, smoke hard.
                    goodluck!
                    I have my own treadmill, lifecycle and weight equipment. I did join Planet fitness for about a month, while I found a new place to stay this past spring. I'm working on a YouTube video of that experience. the bottom line though, is that Planet Fitness is affordable, functional and their massage beds ROCK!!! Your words have not been lost upon me. Thank you!

Comment

i run almost everyday in the mornings...if it's not a work day i'll always smoke before or i've recently started using the tincture I made (like this AM)...i find the two (cannabis and running) go very well together...put's my body on autopilot. cannabis also goes very well with hiking, canoeing, snowboarding, surfing, wakeboarding...cannabis and fitness go hand in hand for me...it's not a drug, it's a dietary supplement...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X