Regarding Flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Flowering

I have a concern regarding flowering in the first two weeks. My crop always turns light green but gets better after the third week. Any solutions to my problem (I do not have any pictures at the moment will begin a new session at the end of next week).

​I am using ​​​​​H&G Aqua Flakes A & B and Cal Mag plus bud blood.

just put my plants into bud on Sunday...after their first night of darkness all my tops even lower ones had faded yellow.by the end of their next light period the color had returned almost fully.then second night same thing happened but not quite as bad but still a color change.

Before 12/12 color was perfect everywhere.

Lec...Light about 18" away, nutes. at 1000 ppm
    In a tent with co2
    Temp at night cycle 73-77
    Temp at day cycle 83-85
    Emerald harvest for nutes
    ------------------------------ - ---------------------------- ------------------
    I tried asking this yesterday and am also not able to submit a pic.

Looking at them right now and color is almost all back.
    I believe it was a shock to their system from going into 12/12

We will see what happens after this next dark cycle

Comment

How much bud blood did you use and what medium are you growing in? Did you switch the entire nutrient regime? ​"I am using ​​​​​H&G Aqua Flakes A & B and Cal Mag plus bud blood." then "Emerald harvest for nutes" doing something like that might cause a shock but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just make changes to your nutes in small increments if you are in hydro there is no buffer between your plants and nutes and big changes have an almost immediate effect. The fact that they are greening up in the light is a good sign.

Comment

I'm thinking stress as being the cause or at least a contributing factor. The change in photoperiod from 18/6 to 12/12 is a drastic change to the plant which, I believe, causes stress. What I do now is set my timer back an hour every day until I hit 12/12. So the first day is 17/7, then 16/8, etc. It seems to ease the transisition a little smoother to me and you only need to plan ahead by a week.

Gelato: Did you keep feeding your veg nutes after flipping? I usually don't count the first week or so after flipping as flower per say. It's more of a transitional period IMO, and the plants still need the higher nitrogen. After I spot some flowers, I change my nutes.

Comment

I am going to agree with you....all signs leed to stress.

When I can figure out why my phone says low memory and won't let me post a picture I will post one of my garden.

Or three...

Comment

Originally posted by Mañ'O'Green View Post
            How much bud blood did you use and what medium are you growing in? Did you switch the entire nutrient regime? ​"I am using ​​​​​H&G Aqua Flakes A & B and Cal Mag plus bud blood." then "Emerald harvest for nutes" doing something like that might cause a shock but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just make changes to your nutes in small increments if you are in hydro there is no buffer between your plants and nutes and big changes have an almost immediate effect. The fact that they are greening up in the light is a good sign.
            I am currently using rockwool for grow medium and I do about 1 tsp/ 7 gal of bud blood. I do switch up the regimen for the transition from vegging to flowering.

Comment

This is how my flowers look towards the end before I start a new sessions Click image for larger version

Name:	TMPDOODLE1474576247176.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	383

Comment

• Boo
                Boo commented
                Editing a comment
                Badass bud !

Do you recommend that I stay with my Veg nutes until I see first signs of bud? I appreciate all the responses I am getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gelato View Post
                Do you recommend that I stay with my Veg nutes until I see first signs of bud? I appreciate all the responses I am getting.
                Kind of, yes. Usually most nutrient schedules have a "transition to flowering" period of 2 weeks after the switch to 12/12. In my experience, the "transition" schedule is usually pretty close to the vegetative nutrient schedule, just a little stronger. So it's sort of like continuing vegetative nutrients (though if you do raise the strength be careful not to go overboard because it's easy to get nutrient burn!). The plant does a lot of vegetative growth in those first 2-3 weeks. I hope that helps!

Comment

Gelato:

Too many changes at one time = lot of stress. This is from AN: Follow This Simple Feed Chart Designed by our Research Team

Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7
                  Blood Blood (Bloom Phase) 1 mL/L
                  Conversions: 1 Teaspoon = 5mL | 1 Tablespoon = 15 mL | 1 Ounce = 30mL | 1 Cup = 240 mL

You should be using ~26ml (1-2/3 tablespoons) to 7 gallons (26.5L) of nutrient for full strength then divide by the % strength of your base nutes. I am in hydro and use about 50% nute strength so for me it would be around 13ml.

Comment

Thank you guys for your comments, I will give it a shot and see how this session goes. I really appreciate the advice!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X