Never talk politics BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never talk politics BUT

Not everyone is familiar with local politics but it is harder to ignore national stuff. I don’t really care about any of it except to bring this prohibition of cannabis to an end. I don’t care if I can turn right on red, wear a helmet, or smoke in a restaurant. In the northeast, Michael Bloomberg was a successful New York City mayor who I understand accomplished a fair amount of good stuff and a few blunders but not too many. He’s clearly a successful self-made billionaire and I do admire that... In fact, I’d probably vote for him if eligible.

However, he did comment on one thing that raises the non-existent activist in me. “Legalizing marijuana is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard”

So, he’s out

Well, this is the same guy that passed a law capping sugary drinks at 16 oz....i mean i get the reasoning but it's just more government telling us how to live our lives. If you dont want a large sugary drink then dont order it idjit...dont force your shit on me. Bloomberg reminds me of the future from Demolition man. Full governmental control in the guise of peace and order. All it costs is your civil liberties. *deep breath*

That said i'm actually more liberal than conservative, though it's hard to tell from this comment
    And i dont like talking politics either

Comment

Yep...! I’m only in it for the weed. I’m so sick of the horseshit and I need to see this done before the curtain ‘closes’ and we’re on act 4 already in this play

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Latest news from Calif. is increasing the MJ tax come Jan. 1. Near 50% tax on weed. WTF are they thinking? Stupid stupid I guess they think it's going to help their mess but friends I know down there say black market weed is still king and always will be. Beverly Hills have weed shops? I don't want another friggin billion air bag think for myself thanks.

Move up here to Canada guys! There is lots of room!
      Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
      Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
      Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
      2 small 6" fans
      Promix HP
      GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I get so pissed at the stupidity I gotta go take a walk and smoke a bowl.

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal Where I am, they killed any opportunity for tourists to consume since walking the streets smoking it is a violation..oh and smoking it at designated cigarette areas is also a no-no. The only place to legally smoke legal weed is on private property. A traveler has no place to smoke if they are staying in a hotel.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless you have a felonious record. Canada won’t take you in either.

SoOrbudgal i was just teasing no harm meant! Our rules are actually quite stupid about legal cannabis. The Gov actually lost money by selling legal weed!
      Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
      Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
      Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
      2 small 6" fans
      Promix HP
      GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

• SmashGuitar
        SmashGuitar commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenState I am not sure how the Atlantic provinces are. I am in Ontario.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        SmashGuitar I apologize for sounding critical. Some of my fondest memories as a youngster are of camping with my family though out the Atlantic provinces..in the 60's &70's.. Before king/snow crab even had market, at that time they were a codfish bait eating nuisance(lol). Funny what you remember from your youth.In Canada, I remember milk being sold in plastic bags, Export A cigarettes (do they still make them?).. vinegar potato chips (we didn't have them in the US). Dad would take the back seat out of our Chevy 2 Nova, and we'd load it up with all we needed. My sister and I would lay on top of all that crap, level with the back window dash and off we go for 1000's of miles. You didn't need seat belts back them (LOL!!!) Later on we had a VW camper that my grandparents bought in Germany and lived in for 3 years, then shipped it back to the US. Eventually my folks ended up with the VW, and then finally to me-- it was my first car in high school....large fun I might add (g).

• SmashGuitar
        SmashGuitar commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries all is good GreenState and yes we still have milk in plastic bags, Export A cigarettes and Salt & Vinegar potoato chips! Sounds like you had a great childhood!

SoOrbudgal that’s funny to read. You must LOVE politics....hahaha. Personally, I never get involved. I would move, I like Canada, been there twice, but you did not need a passport in those days. I have a friend in Toronto and a few that hit the road back in the 1960’s and never looked back. Of course there is the old joke which I hesitate to repeat BUT;

we know the tooth brush was invented down south.... If it was invented up north ...we’d call it the teeth brush.... HEY...it’s not me, just remembered that from 6th grade

Comment

If Cannabis isn't considered political, then I don't know what is. I won't support a candidate who doesn't endorse legalization and recognize the insanity of keeping it illegal. Not with big pharma lurking around, doing what it's doing, not to mention the tobacco and alcohol industries...

On the other hand, I don't give a fk what corrupt politicians think, cuz I'm gonna grow no matter what. A kind of Orwellian 1984 covert civil disobedience...
        Last edited by alltatup; 11-25-2019, 04:52 AM.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you alltatup yes let's all grow, let the green be free.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Very well put!

Well now this is a rowdy crowd :-)
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          See...never talk politics!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X