Yellow Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Yellow Leaves

Hi folks, looking for some advice on my plants. I’m a first time grower, using auto flower seeds. They’ve been growing fantastically up until a couple of days ago when my biggest plant has dramatically started turning yellow and losing its leaves. Does this look like light burn? The other 2 have been growing slower and so far seem ok. I’ve got them inside a 1200x1200x2000mm grow tent with 600w LED light. I’ve also got an extraction fan and a fan inside to circulate air. I have a constant temp of around 22-24 degrees. I’ve so far been using a ‘super soil’ that says I don’t need any nutrients and they’ve been growing so well I’m reluctant to use now that I’m around 3-4 weeks into flowering. Last night I changed the pots as I discovered the largest plant was pot bound so hoping this helps. Any advice would be great. Thanks

In the process of maturation, a plant will begin to draw the nutrients from the soils and emulate a nitrogen deficiency which may actually be a deficiency. I’ve made a few inquiries regarding recharging the soil or supplementing nitrogen to slow down the process.

from what I’ve come up with, ph fluctuations and overwatering earlier In the growth stages are the probable causes of this phase of a super-soil growth. And despite what looks like a dying plants, I’ve not touched anything and just forged a ahead to produce well developed and potent plants. Do you see well-formed heads on the trichomes ...erect and full? (No joke intended but the material is there). The roots in every supersoil grow I’ve seen have been totally full and packed in the fabric bags. To try and recover the soil mix when it all over yields maybe a gallon out of a 5-7 gallon grow bag

Comment

Transplant shock.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder about Overnight? I could see wilting... but the yellowing in those pictures I have had many times 3-4 weeks before its over. And a recognized producer of supersoil explained that pH and overwatering story to me

MagicMike66 Whose soil is it that you are using ? and...If you can, use fabric bags instead of plastic pots and Canuck147 told me about geopots about which just look so darn durable. By the way, their out of stock on the ones I wanted
      Last edited by Farmall; 11-24-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Farmall I’ve been using Ecothrive supercharged soil in a plastic pot but I’ve just invested in fabric pots to hopefully give them a boost before the end. Also been monitoring the trichromes and yes they are all well formed and looking good, but still look like glass with no sign of them getting cloudy.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve waited as long as 3 weeks after I thought they’d be ready to harvest...drives me a bit crazy waiting, if you know what I mean

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I sure do. This is my first ever attempt and tbh I’m pretty happy that I’ve managed to grow some buds, albeit small ones. I can’t wait to try it

Looks to me like your soil is depleted, no more nutrients in it, most probably from watering to runoff is the culprit.
        Looks like your close to harvest anyway. So that's a good thing.
        GoodLuck
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

For future reference, how much and often should I be watering my plants? Ive seen anything from every day to a few days or more?

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Water them when the need it. Biggest mistake i see is over-watering. Water till pot is full (soil it is just before or right at runoff) then water when pot is light. Every plant takes up water differently and at different stages so there is no formula or schedule. In the beginning i water once a week cause thats all they need. Right now i water every 2 or 3 days because that is when the pots are dry

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Just remember, with Supersoil, all your ‘good stuff” is in the soil and if you see water leaking out the bottom, you’re watering too much. Other media you’re supplementing nutrients so the runoff is fine

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            What Farmall said.

Thanks for the advice guys. I might try a different soil with supplements next time in the hope for a bigger yield

Comment

You may find just looking into different types of super soil may be the answer. There are several good points to look at. No chemical nutrients so your grow is organic. No mixing and measuring powders or liquids, just use plain pH’ed water, No flushing needed. On the other hand, you still need to manage the plants to increase your yield as none of it is guaranteed.

For my own bias, I believe I have found the most convenient grow technique. My basil, tomatoes, peppers and spaghetti squash just seem to flourish with so little attention.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X