First time grow did i veg too long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grow did i veg too long?

So, October 1st the tap root happened, October 3rd it broke soil.
    this is my first grow.

i was under watering them for the first three weeks. Then i found out how to water. I don’t have any supplements. Around November 1st i got in my ph balance tester and my ph down stuff. Been watering them between 5.8 and 6.2 ph.

I originally thought i had to let them grow in veg for 6-7 weeks. Then i found out yesterday, that’s too long. So i changed the timer, changed the the flowering bulb and here i am. Effective this morning at 7am they’re technically in flowing stage.

so, they were in veg for 54 days. Is that too long?
    mom the back of the seedsman package, it says flowering 55-60 days for this gelat.OG
    What does that mean?

can anyone give me some days or approximates. I’m so freaking lost. I actually have come to like it. I just don’t know what I’m doing.

P.S. - right before i hit post....USPS BROUGHT ME MY cal-mag. Now what?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hiya Leman good job so far. Let's keep it simple for first grow You did fine letting veg for 54 days. I do my photo period plants for 2months or more. You'll get the hang of how long, how many plants will fit into your tent with experience it's how we all learned. What I've learned is that pkg says flowering 55-60 days means from time you see small budlets forming then from that point it's a general idea on length of maturity but most grower go 14days or longer because of changes that happen with waiting and checking trichomes. Did you get a jewlers loupe to view trichs. ? Cheap cheap helps a lot to know the ripeness. Let us know how it's going good luck.

You can veg a plant for as long as you want. Just remember the longer the veg the bigger the plant in flower. I veg mine for 5-6 weeks, some do longer some do shorter. It depends on the plant and how big you want it.

The flowering time form a breeder is an estimation on how long the plant takes from the first pistol showing (not when switched to 12/12). I usually start looking at trichs around that time but it usually is a week or two too early for for harvest so take their flowering time with a grain of salt. The only way i have found to be accurate in harvesting is the trich method. There are not approximates because every strain and every plant will finish on their own time, not the breeders or our time. Also, some people want to have more amber, some want less so harvest times are subjective.

If u have cal mag and you need it...i guess you next step would be to use it?

Comment

You seem to have done a better job than I've done on my first try. I never trained my plants and let them grow far too tall. I've had them in flower now for around around 2 weeks, and they do seem to be coming along quite well, which makes me think how well they might have done if I actually knew what I'm doing. I've had a lot of help from the kind people on here now so hopefully my next try might be a bit different.

Comment

Nicely said Tersky. Leman, it’s cool that you’re enjoying the gardening aspect. There are several great points in those comments. If you let the veg stage really get tall, you can expect the “stretch’ when flowering stage kicks in to double or even triple that height. Between the loss of headroom from lighting and ventilation and the growth of the plant , most tents can’t accommodate the clearance required under those conditions.

To help with harvest, which you’ve got plenty of time for, look into acquiring...minimally a jewelers loupe or step up to a usb microscope. When your looking at the trichomes you see stuff like the photo below which will genuinely clue you in as to when you’re ready to harvest your plant. I’m sure you already know to read all you can on GWE basic growing pages as NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside have assembled a ‘life plan’ for the entire cycle of growth. https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Click image for larger version  Name:	22A280DE-E592-4EBA-AA26-80867853D573.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	284.1 KB ID:	351933

training the plant simply by topping alone is the simplest form of controlling the plant and increasing yield...if you’re not familiar with it yet, read those pages well. It is a wealth of success.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          I should add.... looks like you’ve got a good start..

• SiriusFourside
          SiriusFourside commented
          Editing a comment
          I love these trichome pics you've been taking! It's easy to get lost in them...

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you SiriusFourside. You realize it’s your fault 👍

For anyone interested: when I write to SiriusFourside and say something like “ Hey, It’s your fault” I really should clarify lest anyone believe it’s a bad thing.

back in May as some are aware, NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside ran a class on growing that was a live tutorial on everything from start to finish and so many things in between. Over the 6 weeks of classes, every presentation covered a process, plan and product. Many of these discussions were enhanced by class participants questions and comments and a substantial presentation by both of these exceptional personalities.

when we got to trichs, SiriusFourside said, this was the best USB microscope he has found that can provide a decent view of the plant. He demonstrated it, displayed it and also provided a link if anyone interested wanted to get one. Everything we covered in class has taken me to be a much better level of Farmer( haha) and I remain in contact with many of the classmates who I have seen become stars of internet grows and some might actually be on the forum under different handles . That is the usb microscope I’ve used when taking my pictures. It plugs in the computer and is immediately recognized by the windows camera. I clip a small bud, leaf, stem and lie it on the base of the microscope, bend the gooseneck to a place and turn the focus ring. With the other hand...click the mouse....done https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Micr...cr%2Caps%2C131

i see now, they even have a wireless one: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Micr...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

i know nothing of their future plans for another program; BUT should one show up, I’m signing up. If some TV producer had a slight bit of imagination... this would be a weekly series on DIY Network or some other channel. The production values were great and with someone in a control room doing the cameras, it would be GROUNDBREAKING. These two did it all..audio, video, inserted video presentation, PowerPoint and LIVE demos, Q&A sessions and a continuing opportunity for attendees to log-in and enjoy it all over and over and over again. Weed is legal across Canada and that HGTV channel has everything filmed in Canada, so why not. This landscape of cannabis has finally started making the 1930’s fade away and brains with higher IQ’s are starting to think. I really believe a few shows I am thinking about would be big moneymakers for HGTV....

anyway, before I digress further....That is my clarification....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X