Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to do when white powder is on your buds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! what to do when white powder is on your buds!

seems to be a pretty bad case of white powder ! how to approach the infected buds? ?

don't want a SM90 taste !
    Attached Files

Cut em. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...powdery-mildew

"It can be removed from plants with proper treatment if spotted early on, but any buds with WPM should be discarded as they most likely contain many more spores than your eyes can see."

Comment

My first grow i used milk/water mix 1:9 ratio, had to spray every 3 days or so. This grow im trying Lost Coast Plant Therapy with much better results..Considering how full my tent is, leaf on leaf contact is unavoidable. Spraying every 7-10 days now. it can be used up to the day of harvest.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

There is a video of Jorge Cervantes washing buds. Look it up on YouTube. I wouldn’t spray anything on buds period.

Comment

Ive always trusted Jorge, maybe I will cut the few that have the mildew bad and rinse, they still have few weeks of growth left !

Comment

Had this on my two plants for most of flowering. I used GreenCure a bit which worked but later in flowering it burned pistils. Milk/water 1to7 worked well for a bit, and H2O2 w/ water. Eventually just cut down both. I did the Cervantes wash/rinse on both plants. One barely had any WPM to begin with and ended up fine. The other I rinsed, hung, trimmed, then saw more, so I rinsed again. Still saw bits of it further in the bud after the final try before curing. Just yesterday I picked out everything with the tiniest amount on it (maybe 2/3 of it) and decarbed for edibles. I am hoping the remaining is fine but worse case I'll decarb that as well.

Best of luck! It's a real pain. I really wish I had cleaned the clone I think it came from but I didn't know any better at the time. I've done a massive disinfect of the grow tent and room it's in and hoping I can keep it to a minimum this grow. This was with humidity in the low 50s and temps around 72 in the tent. Not sure what else I could've done, plants weren't touching, plenty of ventilation.
            2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
            6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
            Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
            260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X