Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Powdery Mildew Solutions?

Hey All,

Started noticing some white powdery mildew on my plants the other day and im kinda looking to see what the recommendations are on removing the mildew as well as ways to prevent it from continuing to spread. Everything I've read says neem oil and/or hydrogen peroxide should do the trick... but im wondering if the are any soil additives I should be using. All 6 if the plants im growing (2x MOB Berry, 2x Durban Poison, 2x Jack Herrer) have small amounts of spots that I attempted to wash off with tap water yesterday, also checked the humidity in my tent and it was at 42%. I'm currently running only one 6"fan in the tent with both an inline fan fire air in and a carbon diffuser for my air output fan. Any insights would be great though as I'd like to prevent the mold from spreading onto the buds during their bloom phase.

-J
    Attached Files

Don't use neem oil on flowering plant as cannabinoid bind to oil. A dilution of h202 and water to wipe the WPM off the leaf is a good start, next I would remove some leaves and make sure you have good airflow and ventilation. After your Harvest clean all of you grow equipment with a bleach solution 100 parts per million in water to mitigate any future problems.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 11-22-2019, 12:25 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you throw up some new pictures in nature light since its been a minute.

• Jhodg2787
      Jhodg2787 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure thing I've circled the suspects in red

• Jhodg2787
      Jhodg2787 commented
      Editing a comment
      The photos are at the bottom of this thread

I use this it's safe up to cut down day. https://www.amazon.com/Fungicide-Pro.../dp/B01J1QU65M

Comment

I would go with mr. Furley recommendations too late for neem oil. Best bet would be to wipe the leafs with hydrogen peroxide or some arm and hammer or whatever brand you like of bicarbonate dilute a tea spoon in water and wipe don’t spray since you already have buds growing. But next grow just do a treatment of neem once a week and forget about any issues. Neemresource.com highest quality neem and Karanja which are almost the same

Comment

• Smokesteve
        Smokesteve commented
        Editing a comment
        I respectfully disagree. The answer is in the link I posted.

Hey Smokesteve, just checked the link cause im always looking for something better..Ahhh im not spraying that on my buds. I went and checked the Laboratory Chemical Safety Summary(LCSS) and it says Geranoil 106-24-1 is corrosive as well as a skin/eye irritant. I didnt even read on to see what happens when you burn it.. Cant get it in Canada..thats what got my attention. And at 26$ for 2oz thats pretty rich for me..lol
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

hello, i had WPM issues this past summer on my outdoor grow. what worked best for me was milk/water mixture, 30/70. let the mixture sit in the sun for one hour before spraying.

Comment

Updated photos (almost 4 weeks into flowering)
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jhodg2787
            Jhodg2787 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, didn't use all of the last bag to fill the pots. Probably have about a gallon of it leftover

• Jhodg2787
            Jhodg2787 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also bought a loupe yesterday and took an up close look. Doesn't look like damage due to pests

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            You will be happy to own that Loupe, make sure you check all around, Underside the leaves, cut a Leaf off inspect it in good ligh, triple check for bugs. If you think you've come down to a deficiency you top dress some new soil on top of your old soil, to help.ultimately if you're not using a reputable soil or super soil you might want to invest in some liquid fertilizer like Fox Farm Big Bloom.
            Good luck.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X