Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LST for flowering autos ?

Hello friends,
    any of you have exprince with LST for flowering autos?
    i wonder if i should tie off my LST strings to let my autos buds keep growing at full power.
    Does the LST take some of the energy of the plant insted of puting everything into bud it needs to put some of it energys into dealing with the LST?

and if it okay,
    and what about fixing the LST when needed or even tie new ones.

waiting to hear your thoughts

The idea behind lst is that it doesnt stress the plants. It doesnt directly effect the amount of energy put into buds, but instead allows for more light penetration or evens a canopy out to allow for more even bud growth. LST does not involve anything that damages the plant so if done correctly it shouldnt take any energy away from bud production. I hope thats what you were asking.

Im not sure exactly what you mean by tie off lst strings so if you could clarify that. If you mean tie it to the stem i would be careful as stems grow thick quickly and anything that is tied around a stem can end up strangling it but as long as you keep an eye on it and adjust it when necessary you should be fine. Also, lst, because it does not damage the plant, can be used at any time during the grow. Typically, the way i do it is i train it with HST and LST in veg and then when in flower i make adjustments with lst (or if in early flower sometimes i might supercrop if needed) but yes, adjusting lst is fine. Just know that the closer to harvest the more a damaged stem will effect bud production so if you mess up and break a stem it could have a negative impact.

EDIT: I accidentally had said "monstercrop" but meant "supercrop" in the above statement. Very different things.
    Last edited by Tersky; 11-21-2019, 10:20 AM. Reason: Used wrong "crop" word

Comment

• Goblin
      Goblin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!
      I thought that bending branches probebly still might take some effort from the plant. by tie off the lst strings i ment to let the plant twisty loss, please excuse my English... and thank you for the info!!

Seguro que si.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Goblin
      Goblin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! great results!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X