Sexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sexing

If I have seeds and I'm unsure of their sex, would it work if I grew them for say 3 weeks, then put them to flower, then once the sex is determined, keep the females then put them back to veg to save on time and expense?

Hey dude, glad to see that the plants have come along a bit since you inherited them. When it comes to a plant turning hermie, it does mean it will go to seed. All it's doing is going into survival mode. So instead of wanting to be pollinated, it's trying to keep it's "lineage" alive by pollinating something else. I doubt that it will begin to develop seeds if they haven't been pollinated. Granted, if you left the pollen sacks alone, it may pollenate itself. From there, it would grow seeds. Anyway, I'd be interested to see how it all turns out.

Comment

• StokeBloke
      StokeBloke commented
      Editing a comment
      I typed your reply in the wrong box I think mate, it's on this thread below I think

My earlier errors have helped me in a way cause I didn't train them to be small and wide so instead I do have quite a good view of all the sites where they're likely to develop. I was just talking to my mate who gave them me and we said if the worst comes to the worst, we'll have a shit load of seeds to work from, and considering you can pay around £10 a seed if you're buying small scale, the seeds will probably hold more value then the bud in that sense. If life gives you lemons...
    Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X