Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softball questions on caps, decarb and what pops up. (like training a fast auto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Softball questions on caps, decarb and what pops up. (like training a fast auto)

I'm trying to get myself "teached up" on decarbing both thc and cbd strains as well as making caps from either or both.

Blending? (That just popped in my head...so is it a thing to blend oils { cbd and thc} in caps as you would top a bowl?)

In trying to nail down a process for caps I'm leaning toward the 00 caps with coconut oil as the base. That's about all that I've read that seems to be somewhat standard. I read earlier that thc and cbd have different boiling temps (Thanks Mr. Furley) so I think I can get the decarb done reasonably effectively for each.

If I take an afternoon and decarb a bunch in advance how do I store it for future use? Not long term but maybe a week to gather supplies (and get rid of unwanted visitors).

I still don't know if fine grinding decarbed plant and using it in caps is suitable or not or if I must do the fat soluble thing. I'm thinking the oil would act faster but the grind may last longer. Anyone have an inkling?

I have about six mason jars from my only grow to date. Even though I had to chop early due to aphids and thus reduced the potential of it I still went through the dry/trim/cure as if it were a perfect grow. Smokes nice and clean. The effect is muted (does seem to improve with age) but uplifting and of rather short duration. I'm planning on using this as my first dip into things so I'm not out primo bud on an experiment. The real reason to learn this is I have a high CBD plant growing (Solomatic from RQS) that will be used primarily for caps. This is an auto which brings me to the training bit.

My current grow is this high CBD auto as well as two Gorilla seeds from Expert Seeds. Since this is my first indoor grow I planted the two gorillas with the intention of abusing them and learning training methods with minimal loss (Seeds were a supplier mistake so have ten photo instead of one auto). The CBD was for the caps and learning about that side of things. Anyway, the LST on one gorilla and topping the other has been quite simple and straightforward thus far. Which gave me a false sense of my abilities. I knew my window was short with an auto but was hoping to get a few more kolas going through simple LST. Mistake. Not fatal but still a mistake. I didn't really know the difference between an AUTO and a FAST AUTO. This strain goes from pop to finish in about 60 days. I figured I had about three weeks to train. What I found was the stem was thickening up and becoming woody almost instantly. It kept slipping my constraints. So I had to untie her and let her free to finish rather than fight her all the way. And I need the space for the solo cup challenge.

Oooh, Oooh! Was all set to post and remembered another thing...Hash! Stationed in Germany in the 70's and all we had was hash and no weed. Loved the stuff. So now I may be in a position to make some and been looking at bubble and dry ice versions. The big question is where the heck does one find dry ice available to purchase? Every article just buzzes by that and on to the recipe!

I walk about with a note pad and jot down questions all day, try to find the answers and post when I can't quite get it nailed down. Today is that day where I dump the stuff I can't quite get sorted out.

Thanks in Advance
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Oh, yea! Firecrackers. Never knew of them until this week. Sound yummy and simple. Dosing? Peanut butter, Nutella and a graham cracker sounds yummy. But how many to eat?

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Never heard of Firecrackers but anything with Nutella..... yummmm!

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      https://hightimes.com/edibles/how-make-firecrackers/ Found a bunch of other recipes and references to firecrackers while looking for edibles in general. This seems so freaking easy. I'd never heard of them but I think they're now in my Christmas treat rotation.

Buddy uses ground like flour decarb straight into caps. Seems ok . Dry ice available at local food store s. As live in salmon country. Perhaps some fish place or shipping place can help .

Comment

OlderNOTwiser here is what I know on the capsules. Decarb as any edible would be decarbed, grind the weed not to dust ...but for a few seconds. Place a quantity of cannabis into the coconut oil already heating in a small crock pot .use about 1/4 cup of coconut oil and as many a 14-28 grams of cannabis. Keep it in the crockpot for 3 hours. Stir occasionally and when three hours are up, pour the mixture into a strainer covered with cheese cloth and then squeeze out the cloth to extract as much oil as you can. Using a syringe, I have 35ml ones but I have seen 10ml and 20ml on Amazon...draw up the oil and fill the caps, cover the cap with the other half and store. They also have a capsule making machine on Amazon and I think it holds 50 caps and the one I have is 00 size.

For hash, read up on Frenchy Cannoli. After that, check out bubblebagdude.com for micron bags. There is an assortment but the key number is 73...that will be your best finisher. He also has a very cool washing machine that can save you a good 30-40 minutes of stirring ice and bags. These are exceptional methods that work and I’m sure you will find a load more

Another capsule technique is as Ell mentioned, is filling the caps directly with decarbed ground buds. If you don’t find dry ice in supermarkets, our has it, try camping stores.... “lots” of campers....hehe

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        I use a little crock pot called “Little Dipper” actually made by Crock-Pot and hold only 16oz. There is no thermostat on it so I can’t say it’s any specific temperature..BUT it’s cheap and works

• OlderNOTwiser
        OlderNOTwiser commented
        Editing a comment
        Did a google on dry ice near me...30 miles. Next is 60. So, it will be bubbles. (reminds me of a bad joke.) Now which set of bags and microns and the reviews are all over the place on the various suppliers.

I just started poring over Mister French. https://frenchycannoli.com/how-to all I could see was the GWE thread with showing the beards!

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        OlderNOTwiser check him out on YouTube ... 30 miles? Wow. But could be worth the try. When we lived In Wisconsin, the closest McDonalds was about 38 miles and we would jump in the Jeep once in a while to go for a treat. Of course, gas was 28 cents a gallon and $6 at McDonalds would fill both of us

What capsule makers do you all use? I know there is one mentioned here recently but I can't remember the name.

Comment

Herb Affair com 00 Gelatin capsules.
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

Wrap up of a few posts with questions...may have even answered a few. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...and-canna-caps

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X