Homemade pH up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade pH up

What do people use to increase pH in hydro if they don’t have any pHUp products?

Cheers
    Yyc
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Honestly idk. I tried looking it up and couldnt find a good answer. My tap water ph is 7.5-8.0ish range so when my ph is low i add some tap water that i let sit out for a couple days. I do use ph up sometimes but usually when the res ph starts to drop that means it's time for a res change. I'd be interested to hear what others do as well though.

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I just was at the hydro store to get a new pH tester because I dropped my pen and broke the bulb after testing 1 plant. Once home with the new tester, I discover my pails are a bit low at 4.8-5.1. I added some tap water, but it was only 6.8 and not enough empty space in pail to add more. I just did a nute change yesterday and added CalMag. Not sure if the CalMag caused the ph to drop, but I’ve never had 3 plants get below 5.0 before.

Baking soda but there are other properties such as total alkalinity which will also affect that change

Comment

Crisis averted. After doing a calibration of the pH meter it is reading accurately now. It was out by over 0.9 ph fresh from factory. Glad I didn’t have any pH up at the time or I would have really driven the pH through the roof.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      we all seem to suffer from pH obsession. I keep 3 meters on hand. However once you know the pH of your water source, and how much your nutes affect the brew you can pretty much stick to your local recipe. Don't let those meters sit without use though because once dried out the bulbs can and do become useless. I save my calibration fluid in a bottle to check calibration sporadically. I also keep distilled water around for cleaning , and a calibration check. should be 7.0.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X