Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Yellowing/ Browning Leaf Tips

Hello everyone,

I am 13 days into my first grow, trying out Northern Lights Autoflowers. I am growing in a medium of coco coir and 30% pearlite in 3-gallon fabric pots. I have a 24x24x48 grow tent using a Mars Hydro TS-600 hung Approx 24'' from the top of the plant. The tent has been kept consistently at 75-80 degrees and 70-75% RH, I have a fan circulating indirect air as well. I have not started feeding in any way yet, only watering with Ph balanced water (5.8-6.2) when dry. The plants have been getting 24 hours of light a day until two days ago when I put them on an 18Hr on/ 6Hr off-cycle. About three days ago I noticed the tips of the leaves starting to turn yellow and have progressively turned brown and begun to dry out. I have tried remedying it by checking all fronts (over or under watering, light burn, heat stress, etc). The first thing that comes to mind is nutrient burn but I haven't started feeding yet ( I was planning on starting tomorrow which would be two weeks since germination). Not sure if it could be a deficiency? Attaching some photos of the plant as well as the setup, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

My guess would be light burn. Seedlings are very sensitive to light and led's are notorious for being too intense for seedlings. Taken from their website: https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-tsw-...led-grow-light

3.Recommended Hanging Distance Above Plants

Seedling: 30'' Germination: 24''-30'' Veg: 18''-24'' Flower: 12''-18''

I think you should move it to 30 and see if it helps. Those leaf tips will never recover btw but if the new growth should be ok

Comment

Thanks, I'll move the light up and see how things go. Thanks for the response!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X