Help root rot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help root rot

So did a water change yesterday around 10 am everything was fine checked on the dwc this morning and noticed a funky smell in the grow room looked at everything and then lifted the lid to find a nasty smell roots were partially brown and water was brown smelly slimy and had like suds in it didn’t take any pictures unfortunately didn’t sleep well last night and forgot took the whole set up apart new hoses cleaned and sterilized everything bleached everything and then boiled everything running ph’ed water with hydro guard nothing else as of now figured I’d post on here before adding nutes back in

question is why would this happen and happen in les than 24 hours
    might be brown algae is my thoughts
    put covers over net baskets as I think there might be light leak from net baskets any and all feed back would be greatly appreciated
    First grow
    2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
    soil fox farms happy frog 30% perlite added
    2 sweet tooth autos in dwc
    4 greengo 1200w led
    general hydroponics flora trio nutes
    grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
    490cfm exhaust

Do you use hydroguard always or just when there is a problem? i find it to be crucial in dwc. If you have brown roots and a funk smell it is definitely root rot, not algae. Root rot is easy to get in hydro. It could be something as simple as not washing hands or wearing gloves when touching roots. It is basically a bacterial infection which is what give it that smell. Cleaning everything and doing res change with hydroguard is what i would have done too. It may take a week and you may have to do a couple res changes but keep using the hydroguard. In fact, i double the dosage if im having a root issue.

Comment

• Buds4949
      Buds4949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I’ve used Hydroguard from day one i will add a second dose of Hydroguard what about nutes this is my first run on the dwc week three plants look healthy one had symptoms of a ph problem and othe looks great still recalibrated ph pen Hopefully that’s fixed just can’t belive how fast this happen glad I check on my lady’s daily multiple times a day

Hey Buds, what's the water temp in the reservoir? That's what got me bad on one grow.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Got to get a thermometer to find that out
      First grow
      2 northern lights auto,white widow photo,sour diesel photo,2 Bruce banner auto, 5 sweet tooth auto
      4 greengo 1200w led
      grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
      490cfm exhaust

Comment

Air temp is 72-78F and 42%RH water temp unknown in res need to get water thermometer
      First grow
      4 greengo 1200w led
      grow room 27’x7’ 8’ tall
      490cfm exhaust

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah the res temp is usually higher cause of the lights on it. If the res temp is over 74 F you may want to find a way to cool it down. Pref. to lower to mid 60's

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I got chillers for my reservoirs after grow # 2 and a bad case of root rot. Didn't happen again. We get very hot and muggy summers, I needed them. Eventually I switched from HID to LED Cobbs to bring temps down even further.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X